Translation of printing in Spanish:
- 1 (Printing) 1.1 uncountable (act, process, result) the printing is poorla impresión es malathe invention of printingla invención de la imprenta(before noun) (ink/error)
de imprentaExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 countable (quantity printed) the book is in its fifth printing
- Before the invention of printing, books were produced entirely by hand by a series of painters, calligraphers, and binders.
- Nicholas V died in 1455, unaware of Johannes Gutenberg's invention of printing with moveable metal types in Mainz, Germany.
- The importance of his book is that it was printed (book printing was invented just a short time before by Gutenberg) and many copies were therefore available.
el libro va por la quinta edición1.3 uncountable (trade)
- Will new printings of traditional books be issued on demand, or printed in advance and warehoused?
- A microfiche edition of the first printings of Mathilde's works has recently been published by IDC in the Netherlands.
- A sufficiently high number of pre-orders would push the book into multiple printings early on and guarantee a high ranking.
- 2 uncountable (handwriting)letra (feminine) de imprenta or de moldeExample sentences
- The printing was hurried and the cramped letters ran together as if Alec had been in a great hurry to get them on paper.
- I'm not sure how many years I received instruction, but I think cursive and printing might have been different years.
- It was hard and white, and the printing on top was someone's flawless handwriting to ‘Mr. William Gale.’
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.