Translation of prisoner in Spanish:
- 1 (captive) he is a prisoner in his own houseno se puede mover de casahe is a prisoner of his own ideologyes prisionero de sus ideashe was held prisoner(by enemy forces) lo tuvieron prisionero(by kidnappers) lo tuvieron secuestradoto take somebody prisonertomar a alguien prisionerocoger a alguien prisionero (esp Spain)to take prisonershacer prisionerosto take no prisonersejecutar a todos los cautivosExample sentences
- After conquering Troy, you will need to rescue some villagers that have been taken prisoner by an unknown enemy.
- He had allowed his dear friend, his sister in Christ, to be taken prisoner by their enemies.
- Taken prisoner, he was jailed and as a POW served time in Wakefield and Frongoch prisons.
- 2 (in jail) a prisoner of conscienceun preso de concienciaExample sentences
- A third of all inmates are remand prisoners who are awaiting trial or sentencing.
- Certainly, the cost to society of convicted prisoners who commit further crimes as soon as they are released is a high one.
- The cells are used to hold prisoners awaiting trial, or following conviction, pending transfer to a main prison.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.