Translation of private press in Spanish:
- imprenta (feminine) particularExample sentences
- The private press is now getting under way here; we have The Kabul Weekly, which has just started, which is in four languages, and in UNESCO we helped to fund that to get that back on its feet; and newspapers are springing up all over the place.
- This tiny Red Sea nation is now Africa's foremost jailer of journalists, with at least 13 reporters behind bars and the entire private press banned since September.
- Morris's influence was immediate, and private presses producing fine examples of craftsmanship, such as the Ashendene Press, Eragny Press, Essex House, and the Doves Press, all started less than a decade after Morris's first efforts.
Definition of private press in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.