Translation of privately in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (in private) can I speak to you privately?¿puedo hablar contigo en privado or a solas?the interview was held privatelyla entrevista se celebró en privado or a puertas cerradasExample sentences1.2 (not publically) privately held views
opiniones (feminine plural) personalesthey agree privately that inflation …extraoficialmente admiten que la inflación …she didn't show it, but, privately, she was very disappointedno lo demostró pero, en su fuero interno, se sintió muy decepcionada
- People may speak privately to a nurse or get cancer information which is free of charge.
- But they have already accepted that schools and hospitals are being privately financed.
- Logan positioned himself behind Rob so he could speak to him privately.
- 2 2.1 (not by state or large concern) privately educatededucado en colegio privado or particularshe had the operation done privately (British English)la operaron en una clínica privadathis land is privately ownedesta tierra es de particularesthe book was published privately by the authorel autor financió personalmente la publicación del libro2.2 (by private arrangement) to sell something privatelyvender algo personalmente or sin intermediariosshe also teaches privatelytambién da clases particulares
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.