Translation of privileged in Spanish:
- 1.1 (having advantages)(position)for the privileged fewpara una minoría privilegiadaExample sentences1.2 (honored) (predicative) to be privileged to +
- One advantage of Rayleigh's privileged social position was that he did not need an academic post to earn his living.
- The masses will gain self-esteem and leaders are forced to take decisions that are also beneficial to the masses and do not in the first place safeguard the privileged position of the elite.
- What I desire is a politician who is comfortable enough with himself and honest enough with me to enjoy his success, wealth and privileged position.
infinitiveI was privileged to witness …tener el privilegio or el honor de+ infinitivetuve el privilegio de ser testigo de …Example sentences1.3 (Law)
- She was honoured and privileged to accept the award on behalf of the people of Westport.
- I have been honoured and privileged to have served my leader and served Northern Ireland.
- Tom, who is one of the youngest members of the club, said he was honoured and privileged to have been elected to serve as President for the next year.
- Legally privileged information obtained by a source is extremely unlikely ever to be admissible as evidence in criminal proceedings.
- This means that they are not bound by the constraints of the data protection act or any other laws that protect medical or other privileged information.
- We have indicated our concern at the extent of privileged information that was being passed to the Racing Organisation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.