Translation of privy in Spanish:
- 1 [formal] (predicative) to be privy
tosomethingtener conocimientoI am not privy to the President's intentions dealgono tengo conocimiento de las intenciones del Presidente
el Presidente no me ha confiado cuáles son sus intencionesExample sentences
- There is already a precedent for this because local residents (including my family) all have concessionary tickets to the privy gardens and have had them since they were replanted.
- The names of these privy individuals are known, since this is all done by the book.
- Sundays were further elevated as the principal court day with new regulations governing behaviour at chapel, and the privacy and dignity of Charles's privy lodgings were reinforced.
- [dated]plural priviesExample sentences
- It was just as well that the neighbours were so friendly as some of the outside loos - or privies - had two and four holes in them, allowing several people to go to the loo at the same time.
- For example, one by-law informs householders they must make sure they clean their outside privy at least once a week or face the stiff penalty of a £2 fine.
- Fortunately we're able to pass the time walking backwards and forwards to the outside privy at the bottom of the yard and moving the coal in and out of the bath for our annual wash.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.