- [colloquial] (professional)(Sport) (player)(coach)instructor, (-tora) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- Does he protest when baseball or tennis players become pros right after high school?
- The sites usually list bios and name some of the professional designations that qualified pros have.
- Sports staffs now call on country club pros to serve as tennis instructors.
- also: pros plural(advantages) See examples:the pros and consto weigh up the pros and conslos pros y los contrassopesar los pros y los contrasExample sentences
- Hopefully you would have seen a more balanced argument to the pros and cons of GM, and that we shouldn't believe every thing we read.
- The essays in this issue explore the pros and cons, the advantages and dangers of taking human rights seriously.
- Weighing up the pros and cons, I pressed ‘yes’ and got out of there.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than