Translation of probability in Spanish:
noun plural -tiesuncountable or countable
- 1 (likelihood) in all probability they will lose their jobses muy probable que pierdan su trabajothere is little probability that she'll come o of her cominges poco probable que vengawhat are the probabilities for a Democratic victory? (American English)
hay pocas probabilidades de que venga¿qué probabilidades hay de una victoria democrática?Example sentences
- They will continue to kidnap because probability shows that the chance of being caught and prosecuted in Trinidad is slim.
- The laws of probability say it cannot happen but Maine Road is still too fresh in the minds of Minstermen everywhere for it to be ignored just yet.
- He agreed with the coroner that on the balance of probability it was likely someone else had been in the graveyard when the stone fell on Adam.
- 2 (Mathematics)Example sentences
- In the field of mathematics he worked on probability, recurring decimals and the theory of equations.
- Among seven people, there is about a 60 percent probability that two will have birthdays within a week of each other.
- When there are twice as many attackers as defenders, the winning probability exceeds 80 percent.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.