Translation of probability in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ties)u and c
- 1.1 (likelihood) probabilidad (feminine) in all probability they will lose their jobs es muy probable que pierdan su trabajo there is little probability that she'll come o of her coming es poco probable que venga, hay pocas probabilidades de que venga what are the probabilities for a Democratic victory? (American English/inglés norteamericano) ¿qué probabilidades hay de una victoria democrática?Example sentences1.2 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] probabilidad (feminine)
- They will continue to kidnap because probability shows that the chance of being caught and prosecuted in Trinidad is slim.
- The laws of probability say it cannot happen but Maine Road is still too fresh in the minds of Minstermen everywhere for it to be ignored just yet.
- He agreed with the coroner that on the balance of probability it was likely someone else had been in the graveyard when the stone fell on Adam.
- In the field of mathematics he worked on probability, recurring decimals and the theory of equations.
- Among seven people, there is about a 60 percent probability that two will have birthdays within a week of each other.
- When there are twice as many attackers as defenders, the winning probability exceeds 80 percent.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas