Translation of probe in Spanish:
- 1.1 (physically) (Medicine, Technology)Example sentences1.2 (investigate)
- Endoscopically, the surgeon examines the graft, probes it, and confirms that no further notchplasty is required.
- Through optical spectroscopy, researchers can probe the trapped particle's size, shape, refractive index and chemical composition.
- The surgeon will then view and probe the joint, looking directly through the scope or at pictures it sends to a video monitor.
- The three men, who have not been named, were arrested and bailed as part of a police probe into proxy voting at last year's local elections.
- A nursing home is at the centre of a police and social services probe into the death of a former resident.
- They argued that the police probe into the suicide of the suspect, a former diving expert and wrestler without any criminal record, was not convincing.
- 1.1 (physically)introducir una sonda1.2 (investigate) to probe
intosomethingpolice are probing into his business affairsla policía está investigando sus actividades financierasthey probed more deeply into the mysterycontinuaron tratando de esclarecer el misterioto probe forsomethinghe probed for information about her childhoodtrató de sonsacarle información sobre su infancia
- 1.1 (Medicine, Electricity) 1.2also: space probe1.3 (investigation)Example sentences
- He claimed South African mercenaries were training rebels in Kindu to use the smuggled weapons, and demanded an international probe into the matter.
- The PC, who has 13 years' service, was suspended with pay pending a probe into the matter, before Paul gave orders to charge him.
- A federal probe into the matter has been going on since October.
- The surgeon passes the probe over the surgical site again and excises more specimen if elevated radioactive readings continue to occur.
- In most cases, ultrasound scans are used on the surface of the body, with the probe moving over the skin.
- A single lesion involving a tracheotomy stoma was treated with the direct application of the probe without using the bronchoscope.
- The electric and magnetic fields the probe measured built up a more detailed picture of the magnetopause, including the flow of electrons in the diffusion region.
- The resulting steady-state pressures were measured using a pressure probe as a manometer.
- To test a spark plug, I put the ohmmeter probes on the center electrode and the wire terminal.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.