Translation of probe in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (physically) [Medicine/Medicina] [Technology/Tecnología] sondarExample sentences1.2 (investigate) [finances/private life] investigar*; [public opinion] sondear; [mind/subconscious] explorar; [past] rastrear
- Endoscopically, the surgeon examines the graft, probes it, and confirms that no further notchplasty is required.
- Through optical spectroscopy, researchers can probe the trapped particle's size, shape, refractive index and chemical composition.
- The surgeon will then view and probe the joint, looking directly through the scope or at pictures it sends to a video monitor.
- The three men, who have not been named, were arrested and bailed as part of a police probe into proxy voting at last year's local elections.
- A nursing home is at the centre of a police and social services probe into the death of a former resident.
- They argued that the police probe into the suicide of the suspect, a former diving expert and wrestler without any criminal record, was not convincing.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 (physically) introducir* una sonda 1.2 (investigate) investigar*to probe
intosth police are probing into his business affairs la policía está investigando sus actividades financieras they probed more deeply into the mystery continuaron tratando de esclarecer el misterioto probe forsth he probed for information about her childhood trató de sonsacarle información sobre su infancia
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.