transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (physically) [Medicine/Medicina] [Technology/Tecnología] sondarMore example sentences1.2 (investigate) [finances/private life] investigar*; [public opinion] sondear; [mind/subconscious] explorar; [past] rastrear
More example sentences
- Endoscopically, the surgeon examines the graft, probes it, and confirms that no further notchplasty is required.
- Through optical spectroscopy, researchers can probe the trapped particle's size, shape, refractive index and chemical composition.
- The surgeon will then view and probe the joint, looking directly through the scope or at pictures it sends to a video monitor.
- The three men, who have not been named, were arrested and bailed as part of a police probe into proxy voting at last year's local elections.
- A nursing home is at the centre of a police and social services probe into the death of a former resident.
- They argued that the police probe into the suicide of the suspect, a former diving expert and wrestler without any criminal record, was not convincing.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 (physically) introducir* una sonda 1.2 (investigate) investigar*to probe
intosth police are probing into his business affairs la policía está investigando sus actividades financieras they probed more deeply into the mystery continuaron tratando de esclarecer el misterioto probe forsth he probed for information about her childhood trató de sonsacarle información sobre su infancia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, pinchos are small portions of food, often on a cocktail stick, eaten in a bar or cafe. Often free, they are similar to