- 1.1 (physically) [Med] [Tech] sondarMore example sentences1.2 (investigate) [finances/private life] investigar*; [public opinion] sondear; [mind/subconscious] explorar; [past] rastrear
More example sentences
- Endoscopically, the surgeon examines the graft, probes it, and confirms that no further notchplasty is required.
- Through optical spectroscopy, researchers can probe the trapped particle's size, shape, refractive index and chemical composition.
- The surgeon will then view and probe the joint, looking directly through the scope or at pictures it sends to a video monitor.
- The three men, who have not been named, were arrested and bailed as part of a police probe into proxy voting at last year's local elections.
- A nursing home is at the centre of a police and social services probe into the death of a former resident.
- They argued that the police probe into the suicide of the suspect, a former diving expert and wrestler without any criminal record, was not convincing.
- 1.1 (physically) introducir* una sonda 1.2 (investigate) investigar*to probe
intosth police are probing into his business affairs la policía está investigando sus actividades financieras they probed more deeply into the mystery continuaron tratando de esclarecer el misterioto probe forsth he probed for information about her childhood trató de sonsacarle información sobre su infancia
Each of the 55 different administrative areas into which Spain is divided is called a provincia. Each provincia includes a main city or town, sometimes more, depending on its social and economic power. The provincial capital usually has the same name as the province.
- 1.1 [Med] [Elec] sonda (f)More example sentences
More example sentences1.2
- The surgeon passes the probe over the surgical site again and excises more specimen if elevated radioactive readings continue to occur.
- In most cases, ultrasound scans are used on the surface of the body, with the probe moving over the skin.
- A single lesion involving a tracheotomy stoma was treated with the direct application of the probe without using the bronchoscope.
(space probe)sonda (f) espacial 1.3 (investigation) investigación (f)More example sentences
- The electric and magnetic fields the probe measured built up a more detailed picture of the magnetopause, including the flow of electrons in the diffusion region.
- The resulting steady-state pressures were measured using a pressure probe as a manometer.
- To test a spark plug, I put the ohmmeter probes on the center electrode and the wire terminal.
- He claimed South African mercenaries were training rebels in Kindu to use the smuggled weapons, and demanded an international probe into the matter.
- The PC, who has 13 years' service, was suspended with pay pending a probe into the matter, before Paul gave orders to charge him.
- A federal probe into the matter has been going on since October.