intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1 (move forward) [formal] [person/vehicle] avanzar* I was proceeding along King Street when … circulaba por King Street cuando … please proceed to gate five les rogamos se dirijan a la puerta número cinco to proceed on one's way seguir* adelanteMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Fans of classic film move forward: Others should proceed cautiously.
- She had no inkling of how to proceed, but quickly moved forward and sat down by the fire.
- If you do, the bike proceeds forward: if you don't, it stops, you fall off, and you may hurt yourself.
- But, to Toulmin, this act of homage proceeded from a delusion.
- All proceeded from a premise that equated modernization with Westernization.
- That other machine may, in like manner, have proceeded from a former machine: nor does that alter the case; the contrivance must have had a contriver.
- 2 (continue) continuar* proceed, Mr. Thomas continúe, Sr. Thomas to proceed
tosth pasar aalgo let us proceed to the next item on the agenda pasemos al siguiente punto del orden del día to proceed ( withsth) seguir* adelante ( conalgo) do you intend to proceed with the case? ¿piensas seguir adelante con el caso?to proceed to + infinitive/infinitivoshe proceeded to tell us why pasó a explicarnos por qué he threatened to resign, then proceeded to do just that amenazó con dimitir e ipso facto lo hizo he broke it and then proceeded to tell me it was my fault! ¡lo rompe y va y me dice olímpicamente que es culpa mía!More example sentences
- I know the joint work between the Polish command and the Bulgarian contingent has been proceeding very well.
- But he denied reports on Chad's latest threat, saying bilateral co-operation continued to proceed.
- There will be further opportunities to view the house as dismantling continues and reconstruction proceeds at the new site.
- 3 (act) [formal] proceder how does one proceed in such circumstances? ¿cómo se debe proceder en tales circunstancias? [formal]More example sentences
- She bundled up my bedding and proceeded to toss it down the staircase.
- Then Yaakov proceeds to name the area where this event took place.
- Kim moved forward and proceeded to do the same thing on her other cheek.
- 4 (progress) marchar everything is proceeding according to plan todo marcha conforme al plan
- 6 (take legal action) [formal] to proceed
againstsb demandar a algnMore example sentences
- Meanwhile, the lawsuit will proceed against the state and other individual counties with the trial set for Aug.26.
- This high-stakes lawsuit is now proceeding in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia, before Judge John Bates.
- Do you say you can proceed against Aboriginal native title claimants for trespass if they happen to wander across any part of your tenement?
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- proseguir* well, he proceeded, it was like this … —bueno —siguió diciendo or prosiguió —fue así …
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, pinchos are small portions of food, often on a cocktail stick, eaten in a bar or cafe. Often free, they are similar to