- 1 (move forward) [formal] [person/vehicle] avanzar* I was proceeding along King Street when … circulaba por King Street cuando … please proceed to gate five les rogamos se dirijan a la puerta número cinco to proceed on one's way seguir* adelanteMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Fans of classic film move forward: Others should proceed cautiously.
- She had no inkling of how to proceed, but quickly moved forward and sat down by the fire.
- If you do, the bike proceeds forward: if you don't, it stops, you fall off, and you may hurt yourself.
- But, to Toulmin, this act of homage proceeded from a delusion.
- All proceeded from a premise that equated modernization with Westernization.
- That other machine may, in like manner, have proceeded from a former machine: nor does that alter the case; the contrivance must have had a contriver.
- 2 (continue) continuar* proceed, Mr. Thomas continúe, Sr. Thomas to proceed
tosth pasar aalgo let us proceed to the next item on the agenda pasemos al siguiente punto del orden del día to proceed ( withsth) seguir* adelante ( conalgo) do you intend to proceed with the case? ¿piensas seguir adelante con el caso?to proceed to + infinitive/infinitivoshe proceeded to tell us why pasó a explicarnos por qué he threatened to resign, then proceeded to do just that amenazó con dimitir e ipso facto lo hizo he broke it and then proceeded to tell me it was my fault! ¡lo rompe y va y me dice olímpicamente que es culpa mía!More example sentences
- I know the joint work between the Polish command and the Bulgarian contingent has been proceeding very well.
- But he denied reports on Chad's latest threat, saying bilateral co-operation continued to proceed.
- There will be further opportunities to view the house as dismantling continues and reconstruction proceeds at the new site.
- 3 (act) [formal] proceder how does one proceed in such circumstances? ¿cómo se debe proceder en tales circunstancias? [formal]More example sentences
- She bundled up my bedding and proceeded to toss it down the staircase.
- Then Yaakov proceeds to name the area where this event took place.
- Kim moved forward and proceeded to do the same thing on her other cheek.
- 4 (progress) marchar everything is proceeding according to plan todo marcha conforme al plan
- 6 (take legal action) [formal] to proceed
againstsb demandar a algnMore example sentences
- Meanwhile, the lawsuit will proceed against the state and other individual counties with the trial set for Aug.26.
- This high-stakes lawsuit is now proceeding in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia, before Judge John Bates.
- Do you say you can proceed against Aboriginal native title claimants for trespass if they happen to wander across any part of your tenement?
- proseguir* well, he proceeded, it was like this … —bueno —siguió diciendo or prosiguió —fue así …
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Mossos d'Esquadra is the name of the police force of the Catalan autonomous region. It has a wide range of responsibilities but the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional also operate in Catalonia.