Translation of proceed in Spanish:
- 1 (move forward) [formal](person/vehicle)I was proceeding along King Street when …
avanzarcirculaba por King Street cuando …please proceed to gate fiveles rogamos se dirijan a la puerta número cincoto proceed on one's wayExample sentences
- Fans of classic film move forward: Others should proceed cautiously.
- She had no inkling of how to proceed, but quickly moved forward and sat down by the fire.
- If you do, the bike proceeds forward: if you don't, it stops, you fall off, and you may hurt yourself.
- But, to Toulmin, this act of homage proceeded from a delusion.
- All proceeded from a premise that equated modernization with Westernization.
- That other machine may, in like manner, have proceeded from a former machine: nor does that alter the case; the contrivance must have had a contriver.
- 2 (continue) proceed, Mr. Thomascontinúe, Sr. Thomasto proceed
tosomethingpasarlet us proceed to the next item on the agenda aalgopasemos al siguiente punto del orden del díato proceed ( withsomething) do you intend to proceed with the case?¿piensas seguir adelante con el caso?to proceed to + infinitiveshe proceeded to tell us whypasó a explicarnos por quéhe threatened to resign, then proceeded to do just thatamenazó con dimitir e ipso facto lo hizohe broke it and then proceeded to tell me it was my fault!¡lo rompe y va y me dice olímpicamente que es culpa mía!Example sentences
- I know the joint work between the Polish command and the Bulgarian contingent has been proceeding very well.
- But he denied reports on Chad's latest threat, saying bilateral co-operation continued to proceed.
- There will be further opportunities to view the house as dismantling continues and reconstruction proceeds at the new site.
- 3 (act) [formal] how does one proceed in such circumstances?¿cómo se debe proceder en tales circunstancias? [formal]Example sentences
- She bundled up my bedding and proceeded to toss it down the staircase.
- Then Yaakov proceeds to name the area where this event took place.
- Kim moved forward and proceeded to do the same thing on her other cheek.
- 6 (take legal action) [formal]to proceed
againstsomebodydemandar a alguienExample sentences
- Meanwhile, the lawsuit will proceed against the state and other individual counties with the trial set for Aug.26.
- This high-stakes lawsuit is now proceeding in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia, before Judge John Bates.
- Do you say you can proceed against Aboriginal native title claimants for trespass if they happen to wander across any part of your tenement?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.