- 1 1.1 (series of actions, changes) the electoral/decision-making processthe aging processel proceso electoral/de toma de decisionesthe peace process the process of obtaining a permitel envejecimientoI am in the process of writing to him right nowel trámite para obtener un permisowe are in the process of buying the houseen este preciso momento le estoy escribiendohe made money, but lost a lot of friends in the processestamos con los trámites de la compra de la casain process (American English)hizo dinero pero con ello perdió muchos amigosExample sentences1.2 (method) the compounds obtained using this process
the material has to undergo various processeslos compuestos que se obtienen mediante este procedimiento or procesohay que someter el material a varios procesosExample sentences
- Byatt's heroines are victims of a culture whose value-systems are prejudiced against nature and natural processes of ageing.
- Paul knew that Uncle Edward was a biochemist, and a specialist in natural processes, such as photosynthesis and cellular respiration.
- Food also provides the building blocks for the body's natural repair and maintenance processes.
- We the Palestinians believe in peace, the intifada has been an effort to achieve a peace process.
- He breaks every step of the process into a series of questions.
- Gap analysis of all the business processes is the first step in any e-business project.
- 2 2.1 (proceedings) [formal] 2.2 (writ)Example sentences
- The plaintiff must issue his process and must serve it on the defendant.
- In some jurisdictions, the writ has to be served or the process has to be served before the action is brought.
- He successfully dodged Earthlink's process servers for several months until they caught up with him in February 2003.
- 3 (Anatomy, Botany, Zoology)Example sentences
- Triangular processes occurred in both bones of pairs 58 times from a total of 334 paired scapulae.
- These anomalies are often extra appendages or processes, and are probably most often produced by injury when the exoskeleton is soft.
- These processes of the maxilla sometimes project backward in the median plane, separating the horizontal plates from each other.
- 1.1 (treat)(film)1.2 (deal with, handle)(applications)dar curso aocuparse de(order)ocuparse de(candidates)1.3 (Computing)(information/data)Example sentences
- Images may be processed or stored locally, or transmitted at a lesser rate.
- The generated data may be processed through the same software used to process the real data.
- Once the data have been processed through our programs to manipulate the data and to define trip ends, two steps remain.
- That would mean the nightmare of bad smells suffered by residents during the operation of the wool processing plant could be repeated.
- He had worked for a chemicals processing company, and was also involved in sports.
- These included chemicals, various processed articles, machines and equipment.
- Jai Ram Bhai is just one migration lawyer in Suva who says he's processed about 5,000 emigration applications since May last year.
- It was impossible for Council officials to process that amount of work in one month.
- The driver of the jeep was arrested and brought to Navan Station where he was processed under drink-driving legislation and breathalysed.
- (go in procession) [formal](Religion)ir en procesiónExample sentences
- Upon entering the sanctuary, they processed down the aisle towards the altar, which was dimly lit with candles.
- The men trudged into the bar like polar explorers, and processed soggily towards the fire he'd just lit at the far end of the lounge.
- The priests process round the church, swinging clouds of incense.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.