Translation of procure in Spanish:
- 1 (obtain) [formal]Example sentences
- The study - jointly conducted by the World Health Organisation and the aid agency Medecins Sans Frontieres - looked at efforts to procure antiretroviral drugs in 10 countries.
- The Wall Street Journal has been leaked those portions of the October 2002 National Intelligence Estimate relating to Iraq's efforts to procure uranium in Africa.
- Questionnaires regarding Community Childcare were sent out to families in the Aghamore area during the week in an effort to procure affordable childcare facilities in the region.
- 2 (bring about) [formal] to procure the release of the hostagesconseguir or lograr la libertad de los rehenesExample sentences
- Retail Credit Cards Ltd. was charged with aiding, abetting, counselling or procuring offences committed by another person under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.
- The employee was acquitted of the principal offence, but the Court of Appeal upheld the employer's conviction for, essentially, procuring the actus reus.
- The officers had been acting as Agents provocateurs, and had procured the appellants to commit the offences.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.