- 1 uncountable/no numerable 1.1 (manufacture) fabricación (feminine), producción (feminine) the car goes into production next year el coche empezará a fabricarse el año entrante to take sth out of production dejar de fabricar algo we expect production to be in full swing by mid-January pensamos estar en plena producción para mediados de enero (before noun/delante del nombre) [costs] de producción production manager (in industry) director, (masculine, feminine) or gerente (masculine and feminine) de producción (in show business) jefe, de producción or realización production model modelo (masculine) de serie 1.2 (output) producción (feminine) car/coal production producción automovilística/de carbónMore example sentences
- There has been very little change in recent years in the total amount of lead production or in the percentage of recycled lead.
- These wines constitute 18 per cent of the total production of quality wines.
- Total worldwide production of wafers this year amounts to 57 million wafers.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (showing) presentación (feminine) on production of the correct documents al presentar la documentación correspondiente, previa presentación de la documentación correspondienteMore example sentences
- The tickets cost £25 on production of the special letter and a utility bill proving that the resident lives at the address.
- Entry is free to York residents on production of a York Card.
- For a limited period, the normal design fee of £30 is waived on production of the voucher on this page.
- 3 countable/numerable (staging, version) [Theater/Teatro] [Cinema/Cine] producción (feminine) the Broadway production of the show la versión del espectáculo or la producción que se presentó en BroadwayMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Costs are a function of tile size and the manufacturer's production volume and processes.
- There were drops in the prices of all stocks of companies whose raw materials or production costs are excise-sensitive.
- This tends to be accompanied by rising inventories and followed by reduced manufacturing production.
More example sentences
- By the late 1890s, he had developed a successful commercial film production and processing business.
- Nonetheless, Rod is another director for whom a studio is rushing to get a film in production before The Strike.
- What the film lacks in production values it makes up for in heart, sharing with us a tale most film audiences rarely see.
- They will perform two of the most spectacular of their productions, Swan Lake and La Bayadere.
- The colours are bright yet muted, as often found in relatively low budget productions.
- Nevertheless, the Fringe remains a test bed for some interesting and radical productions.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Spain had three civil wars known as the guerras carlistas (1833-39, 1860, 1872-76). When Fernando VII died in 1833, he was succeeded not by his brother the Infante Don Carlos de Borbón, but by his daughter Isabel, under the regency of her mother María Cristina. This provoked a mainly northern-Spanish revolt, with local guerrillas pitted against the forces of the central government. The Carlist Wars were also a confrontation between conservative rural Catholic Spain, especially the Basque provinces and Aragón, led by the carlistas, and the progressive liberal urban middle classes allied with the army. Carlos died in 1855, but the carlistas, representing political and religious traditionalism, supported his descendants' claims until reconciliation in 1977 with King Juan Carlos.