Translation of profane in Spanish:
- 1.1 (blasphemous)Example sentences1.2 (secular)
- The FCC, by law, must prohibit the utterance of ‘any obscene, indecent or profane language by means of radio communication.’
- Often using obscene, offensive and profane language she succeeds in shocking the reader out of the middle-class complacency that numbs the senses of the public.
- When two foremen told him to ‘control himself,’ he quickly ‘became abusive and used obscene and profane language to both of them.’
- Without considering arguments to the contrary, he asserts that a hierarchical ordering of reality and a division between the sacred and the profane are essential to the religious worldview.
- Sin and damnation are downplayed, and the distinctions between heaven and earth, the profane and the sacred, God's grace and our efforts tend to be fudged.
- We are by nature incurably drawn to ritual in the realms of both the sacred and the profane.
- [formal]Example sentences
- When the older man learns that Isaac plans to move to Israel and participate in the resettling of the land, he breaks out in anger and reproaches Isaac for profaning the sacred bequest of Israel.
- When Elijah complained, ‘they have slain your prophets, they have profaned your altars and only I am left’, the Lord replied, ‘What are you doing here?
- Sellers take pride in their wealth and because of this, their holy places will be profaned.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.