Translation of profanity in Spanish:
noun plural -ties
- 1 uncountable (blasphemy, vulgarity)Example sentences
- Janis Joplin is fined $200 for violating local profanity and obscenity laws for her performance after a concert in Tampa, Florida.
- The atmosphere of the billiard room, it was suggested in South Shields, was also conducive to profanity and bad language.
- Zora raises her hand: ‘Never use profanity or inappropriate language.’
- 2 countable (swear word)Example sentences
- I didn't notice him until he ejected a stream of swear words and profanities when we were told to leave the train and wait on platform three.
- Looking over my shoulder, it was alarming to see 20 people in black charging through gravestones, mouthing profanities.
- His mumbled curses and profanities were becoming more and more apparent.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.