- 1 1.1 (side view) perfil (m) in profile de perfilMore example sentences1.2 (outline) perfil (m), contorno (m)
- The guy turned slightly and Rika managed to catch his side profile.
- Germany's Bild newspaper accused Mercedes of copying its Munich-based rival and published pictures of the two cars' interiors, tails and side profiles, asking readers to spot the difference.
- It turns heads with its front, side and rear profiles.
- 2 (description) perfil (m); (written) reseña (f) profiles of several young authors reseñas (fpl) sobre varios escritores jóvenes an accurate consumer profile un perfil fiable del consumidor tipo psychological/DNA profile perfil psicológico/del ANDMore example sentences
- The Guardian also has a short profile, with some links to other articles…
- The idea is simple: 99 people, products, services or organizations that are remarkable, each with a short profile.
- He wrote a short profile on each member of the panel that was on board the plane that evening.
- 3 (status) to raise the profile of educational matters dar* más relieve a las cuestiones relativas a la enseñanza the army had a high profile in national life el ejército tenía un papel preponderante or ocupaba un lugar destacado en la vida del país to keep a low profile tratar de pasar desapercibido or de no llamar la atención
Santería is a religious cult, fusing African beliefs and Catholicism, which developed among African Yoruba slaves in Cuba. Followers believe both in a single supreme being and also in orishas, deities who each share an identity with a Christian saint and who combine a force of nature with human characteristics. Rituals involve music, dancing, sacrificial offerings, divination, and going into trances.
- [situation] hacer* un esbozo de to profile sb's life hacer* una reseña biográfica de algn the designer will be profiled in our next issue el próximo número incluye una nota or reseña sobre el diseñadorMore example sentences
- I intend to write an article profiling Chris Raab, co-star of the MTV reality show Jackass and most recently Viva La Bam.
- The article profiled Charles River Laboratories and gave the impression that the company is increasing its efforts at developing and marketing nonanimal tests.
- Years ago I profiled him, prompting a complaint that I had described him as middle-class, since his father was a doctor.