Translation of profit in Spanish:
nouncountable and uncountable
- 1 (Business, Economics)ganancias (feminine plural)beneficios (masculine plural)utilidades (feminine plural) (Latin America)they didn't make a profitno sacaron gananciasno obtuvieron beneficiosno obtuvieron utilidades (Latin America)to sell something at a profitvender algo con gananciathey sold their house at a good profithicieron bastante dinero con la venta de la casathis service does not operate at a profiteste servicio no es rentablewe made a profit of $2,000obtuvimos beneficios de $2.000obtuvimos utilidades de $2.000 (Latin America)there's no profit in farming these dayshoy en día la agricultura no es rentable or no da dineroto take profitsrealizar beneficiosrealizar utilidades (Latin America)with-profits insuranceseguro-ahorro (masculine)(before noun) profit and loss accountcuenta (feminine) de ganancias y pérdidasprofit forecastpredicción (feminine) de ganancias or beneficiosthe profit motiveel lucroExample sentences
- Since most do not operate to earn profits, these enterprises do not pay dividends to shareholders.
- Non-residents are only taxed on income or profits earned from Irish sources.
- If their reversal generates excessive exchange rate movements they are able to earn large profits.
- to profit
fromsomethingsacar provechoshe profited greatly from the experience dealgo
dealgosacó mucho provecho de la experiencia
la experiencia le aprovechó muchoExample sentences
- Particularly in the joint and coalition arenas, we can profit from the beneficial insight that historical analysis provides.
- Raff became Liszt's musical assistant for six years, profiting greatly.
- Also, I think they could profit enormously from Amy Welborn's common sense perspective.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.