Translation of profit in Spanish:
nouncountable or uncountable
- 1.1 (Business, Economics)they didn't make a profitganancias (feminine plural)beneficios (masculine plural)utilidades (feminine plural) (Latin America)to sell something at a profitno sacaron gananciasno obtuvieron beneficios or (in Latin America also) utilidadesthey sold their house at a good profitvender algo con gananciathis service does not operate at a profithicieron bastante dinero con la venta de la casawe made a profit of $2,000este servicio no es rentablethere's no profit in farming these daysobtuvimos beneficios or (in Latin America also) utilidades de $2.000to take profitshoy en día la agricultura no es rentable or no da dinerowith-profits insurancerealizar beneficios or (in Latin America also) utilidades(before noun) profit and loss accountseguro-ahorro (masculine)profit forecastcuenta (feminine) de ganancias y pérdidasthe profit motivepredicción (feminine) de ganancias or beneficiosel lucroExample sentences1.2 (advantage) (no plural) they turned the situation to their own profit
there's no profit to be had by arguing with himsacaron provecho de la situaciónno se saca or no se gana nada discutiendo con él
- Since most do not operate to earn profits, these enterprises do not pay dividends to shareholders.
- Non-residents are only taxed on income or profits earned from Irish sources.
- If their reversal generates excessive exchange rate movements they are able to earn large profits.
- to profit
fromsomethingshe profited greatly from the experiencesacar provecho dealgobeneficiarse dealgosacó mucho provecho de la experienciala experiencia le aprovechó muchoExample sentences
- Particularly in the joint and coalition arenas, we can profit from the beneficial insight that historical analysis provides.
- Raff became Liszt's musical assistant for six years, profiting greatly.
- Also, I think they could profit enormously from Amy Welborn's common sense perspective.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.