Translation of progressive in Spanish:
- 1 [attitude/thinker/measure] progresista a progressive school una escuela activaExample sentences
- People have high expectations about Labor, the party of reform and progressive ideas.
- Although a right-wing neo-conservative, he's quite progressive on social policy and this gives him a certain desirability.
- The progressive beliefs and social justice we stand for, our core, must not be altered.
- 2 (steadily increasing) [deterioration/improvement] progresivoExample sentences
- In contrast, tumors and ototoxic medications produce slowly progressive unilateral or bilateral lesions.
- Furthermore, heart failure is a progressive condition: once symptoms appear, subsequent morbidity and mortality are high.
- An elderly black woman was readmitted to the hospital from a nursing home because of progressive weakness.
- 3 [Linguistics/Lingüística] continuoExample sentences
- One has to say, rather, I am writing a letter, with the progressive aspect.
- I mean, so what if I use stative verbs in the progressive form, or use Chinese language structure for my English in daily usage?
- The same can be said of his frequent use of progressive verbs (gerunds).
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the