Translation of progressive in Spanish:
- 1(attitude/thinker/measure)a progressive school
progresistauna escuela activaExample sentences
- People have high expectations about Labor, the party of reform and progressive ideas.
- Although a right-wing neo-conservative, he's quite progressive on social policy and this gives him a certain desirability.
- The progressive beliefs and social justice we stand for, our core, must not be altered.
- 2 (steadily increasing)(deterioration/improvement)
- In contrast, tumors and ototoxic medications produce slowly progressive unilateral or bilateral lesions.
- Furthermore, heart failure is a progressive condition: once symptoms appear, subsequent morbidity and mortality are high.
- An elderly black woman was readmitted to the hospital from a nursing home because of progressive weakness.
- 3 (Linguistics)Example sentences
- One has to say, rather, I am writing a letter, with the progressive aspect.
- I mean, so what if I use stative verbs in the progressive form, or use Chinese language structure for my English in daily usage?
- The same can be said of his frequent use of progressive verbs (gerunds).
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.