- 1 [attitude/thinker/measure] progresista a progressive school una escuela activaMore example sentences
- People have high expectations about Labor, the party of reform and progressive ideas.
- Although a right-wing neo-conservative, he's quite progressive on social policy and this gives him a certain desirability.
- The progressive beliefs and social justice we stand for, our core, must not be altered.
- 2 (steadily increasing) [deterioration/improvement] progresivoMore example sentences
- In contrast, tumors and ototoxic medications produce slowly progressive unilateral or bilateral lesions.
- Furthermore, heart failure is a progressive condition: once symptoms appear, subsequent morbidity and mortality are high.
- An elderly black woman was readmitted to the hospital from a nursing home because of progressive weakness.
- 3 [Linguistics/Lingüística] continuoMore example sentences
- One has to say, rather, I am writing a letter, with the progressive aspect.
- I mean, so what if I use stative verbs in the progressive form, or use Chinese language structure for my English in daily usage?
- The same can be said of his frequent use of progressive verbs (gerunds).
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.