Translation of prohibit in Spanish:
- 1 (forbid) fishing in the lake is prohibitedestá prohibido or se prohíbe pescar en el lagoto prohibit somebody
from -ingprohibirle a alguien +the regulations prohibit me from disclosing the results infinitiveel reglamento me prohíbe dar a conocer los resultadosExample sentences
- There, for example, the Court held that drug laws can prohibit the use of the narcotic peyote in a religious ceremony.
- Polygynous marriages were not prohibited by colonial law.
- Only business communications are covered unless the policy specifically prohibits private use of e-mail and the internet.
- 2 (prevent) to prohibit somebody
from -ingthe cost prohibits many people from receiving treatmentel costo impide que mucha gente tenga acceso al tratamiento
el costo hace que el tratamiento resulte prohibitivo para mucha genteExample sentences
- Nurses may be presented with exceptional or life-threatening situations prohibiting the use of assistive patient handling equipment.
- The efficiency audit said there were too many vested local interests on health boards, which prevent change and prohibit the delivery of a value-for-money service.
- A low fluid level switch is provided to prohibit operation and prevent potential burnout if solution falls below a pre-set level.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.