- 1.1 (forbid) prohibir* fishing in the lake is prohibited está prohibido or se prohíbe pescar en el lago to prohibit sb
from -ingprohibirle* a algn + infthe regulations prohibit me from disclosing the results el reglamento me prohíbe dar a conocer los resultadosMore example sentences1.2 (prevent) impedir*to prohibit sb
- There, for example, the Court held that drug laws can prohibit the use of the narcotic peyote in a religious ceremony.
- Polygynous marriages were not prohibited by colonial law.
- Only business communications are covered unless the policy specifically prohibits private use of e-mail and the internet.
from -ingthe cost prohibits many people from receiving treatment el costo impide que mucha gente tenga acceso al tratamiento, el costo hace que el tratamiento resulte prohibitivo para mucha genteMore example sentences
- Nurses may be presented with exceptional or life-threatening situations prohibiting the use of assistive patient handling equipment.
- The efficiency audit said there were too many vested local interests on health boards, which prevent change and prohibit the delivery of a value-for-money service.
- A low fluid level switch is provided to prohibit operation and prevent potential burnout if solution falls below a pre-set level.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...