Translation of prohibition in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (act) prohibición (feminine)Example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (ban) prohibición (feminine) they placed a prohibition on the importation of luxury goods prohibieron la importación de artículos suntuarios
- Turvey has long argued against drug prohibition, yet he increasingly applauds and encourages enforcement measures.
- I'd like to promote elimination of drug prohibition.
- The one on drug prohibition was also very important to me.
(Prohibition)(in US history) (no article/sin artículo) la Ley seca, la Prohibición
- The prohibition on retroactive penal legislation is linked to the right to a fair trial, as it is irrevocably an example of an unfair trial.
- The prohibition on ‘common law’ crimes is a good thing even though injustice can result.
- Similarly, many prohibitions of the criminal law are morally neutral.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.