- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (conspicuousness) prominencia (feminine) they are printed in bold type to give them prominence están en negrita para que destaquenMore example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (eminence, importance) importancia (feminine), prominencia (feminine) to come to prominence adquirir* importancia to have prominence tener* importancia to give prominence to sth hacer* resaltar algo
More example sentences1.3 countable/numerable (small hill) [formal] loma (feminine), prominencia (feminine)
- As the PDA opens, the CXR shows a slight increase in heart size and prominence of central pulmonary vessels which can progress.
- Heart size and pulmonart vascular prominence depend on the size of shunt.
- The prominence of the primary rods is a function of the thinner shell wall and may be due to an ecological factor, as mentioned above.
More example sentences
- Eleanor came to prominence during the 1990s with some highly acclaimed recordings.
- However, he never came to prominence for developing his own positions on current political questions.
- The town came to prominence as the capital of the Seljuk Sultans in 1076 when the Seljuks took control of Anatolia, though the area's roots go back much further.
- The tensor palatini muscle joins this muscular sling as it sweeps around the hamulus, a bony prominence of the lateral palate.
- The greater deformations possible with this technology enable the transfer of pressure to adjacent body areas and other bony prominences.
- The side rails are lowered, and the safety strap is checked to ensure it is securely in place across the patient's thighs, avoiding bony prominences.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.