Translation of prominence in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable (conspicuousness) they are printed in bold type to give them prominenceestán en negrita para que destaquenExample sentences1.2 uncountable (eminence, importance) to come to prominence
adquirir importanciato have prominencetener importanciato give prominence to somethinghacer resaltar algoExample sentences1.3 countable (small hill) [formal]
- As the PDA opens, the CXR shows a slight increase in heart size and prominence of central pulmonary vessels which can progress.
- Heart size and pulmonart vascular prominence depend on the size of shunt.
- The prominence of the primary rods is a function of the thinner shell wall and may be due to an ecological factor, as mentioned above.
- Eleanor came to prominence during the 1990s with some highly acclaimed recordings.
- However, he never came to prominence for developing his own positions on current political questions.
- The town came to prominence as the capital of the Seljuk Sultans in 1076 when the Seljuks took control of Anatolia, though the area's roots go back much further.
- The tensor palatini muscle joins this muscular sling as it sweeps around the hamulus, a bony prominence of the lateral palate.
- The greater deformations possible with this technology enable the transfer of pressure to adjacent body areas and other bony prominences.
- The side rails are lowered, and the safety strap is checked to ensure it is securely in place across the patient's thighs, avoiding bony prominences.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.