- 1.1 (conspicuous) [position] destacado, prominenteMore example sentences1.2 (important) [role/politician] prominente, destacado, importante she was prominent in the campaign desempeñó un papel prominente or destacado or importante en la campaña he was prominent in literary circles era una figura destacada en el ambiente literario
More example sentences1.3 [jaw/nose] prominente
- The planning process begins with the posting of a notice in a prominent position at the site of property.
- I have noticed that the most prominent activity at the festival is alcohol consumption.
- It went on to say that the suggested site is situated in a prominent section of this new streetscape.
More example sentences1.4 [ridge/ledge] prominente, saliente
- The Rothschilds are still prominent in banking in Britain and are notable patrons of the arts and sciences.
- Many of the family have lived in America for several years and some of them are very prominent in business circles in the Chicago area.
- They were prominent in the farming business and ran a progressive operation in that part of mid-Roscommon.
- His hair is flattened from sleep, his prominent ears projecting like wings from the sides of his head.
- Rising from the radiator grille, a prominent bulge in the hood runs to the base of the windscreen.
- For your first project choose leaves that are relatively flat and have prominent veins.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Churro is a typical Spanish food, consisting of a long thin cylinder of dough, deep-fried in olive oil and often dusted with sugar. Churros are usually eaten with a thick hot drinking chocolate, especially for breakfast.