Translation of proof in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable and countable (conclusive evidence) where's your proof?we have no proof of that¿qué pruebas tienes?you'll need proof of identityno tenemos prueba(s) de esoas a proof ofnecesitará un documento de identidadnecesitará algo que acredite su identidadby way of proofcomo prueba deproof of purchasecomo pruebacomprobante (masculine) or prueba de compraExample sentences1.2 countable (test) [literary] to put something to the proof the proof of the pudding is in the eating
we shall see, the proof of the pudding is in the eatingno se sabe si algo es bueno hasta que se lo pone a prueba1.3 countable (Mathematics)ya se verá a la hora de la verdadExample sentences
- That's completely absurd and there's no proof to validate that statement.
- It is too easy to find fault, to point a finger, without any facts or proof.
- Always check the seller's identity by asking for proof of name and address and be wary of sellers who want to meet you anywhere other than their home.
- An argument becomes a proof when the mathematical community agrees it is such.
- Mathematical proofs of conjectures, however, require more than overwhelming numerical evidence.
- His main work involved applying philosophy to mathematics, the philosophy taking precedence over rigorous mathematical proofs.
- 2 countable 2.1 (Printing) (before noun) proof copyproof stageejemplar (feminine) de prueba2.2 (Photography)fase (feminine) de lectura de pruebasExample sentences
- The trial proofs were rejected, and the finished photographs never made.
- About 6000 of Robert's negatives and picture proofs are held by the Alexander Turnbull Library in Wellington.
- I found your article on the value of so-called artist's proofs extremely interesting.
- He owned eight paintings and fourteen drawings, nine etchings on Japanese paper, fifty-nine separate proofs and an almost complete set of his prints.
- Oscar Marshall may also have offered a limited number of hand-signed proofs.
- Dürer published quite large numbers of his woodcut series in proofs before text on the reverse of the sheet.
- 3 uncountable (alcoholic strength)70 proof (American system)graduación (feminine) alcohólica(nótese que el sistema británico difiere del norteamericano)70 degrees proof (British system)≈ 35% de alcohol or 35° (GL)under proof → underproof≈ 40% de alcohol or 40° (GL)Example sentences
- Your liver processes alcohol out of your system at an average rate of about 1.5 ounces of 80 proof alcohol an hour.
- Before aging, bourbon's proof must be lowered to no higher than 125 proof using distilled water.
- This hand-selected whiskey was bottled at 94 proof in elegantly sculpted decanters.
- (predicative) to be proof
againstsomethingthe shields are proof against most projectilesser a prueba dealgoshe was proof against his flatterylos escudos son a prueba de la mayoría de los proyectilesera inmune or no era vulnerable a sus halagosExample sentences
- Inclinations towards freedom, however, are not proof against systematic countermeasures.
- Maybe it's just as well that we have these idiot-proof tills, because without them the numerically challenged would be all but unemployable and we'd have to support them through a lifetime on the dole.
- Work has protected wildlife along the route, including measures to keep a colony of protected great crested newts safe, badger tunnels and deer-proof fencing.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.