Translation of proof in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable and countable (conclusive evidence) where's your proof?¿qué pruebas tienes?we have no proof of thatno tenemos prueba(s) de esoyou'll need proof of identitynecesitará un documento de identidadas a proof of
necesitará algo que acredite su identidadcomo prueba deby way of proofcomo pruebaproof of purchasecomprobante (masculine) or prueba de compraExample sentences1.2 countable (test) [literary] to put something to the proof the proof of the pudding is in the eating
no se sabe si algo es bueno hasta que se lo pone a pruebawe shall see, the proof of the pudding is in the eatingya se verá a la hora de la verdad1.3 countable (Mathematics)Example sentences
- That's completely absurd and there's no proof to validate that statement.
- It is too easy to find fault, to point a finger, without any facts or proof.
- Always check the seller's identity by asking for proof of name and address and be wary of sellers who want to meet you anywhere other than their home.
- An argument becomes a proof when the mathematical community agrees it is such.
- Mathematical proofs of conjectures, however, require more than overwhelming numerical evidence.
- His main work involved applying philosophy to mathematics, the philosophy taking precedence over rigorous mathematical proofs.
- 2 countable 2.1 (Printing) (before noun) proof copyejemplar (feminine) de pruebaproof stagefase (feminine) de lectura de pruebasExample sentences2.2 (Photography)
- He owned eight paintings and fourteen drawings, nine etchings on Japanese paper, fifty-nine separate proofs and an almost complete set of his prints.
- Oscar Marshall may also have offered a limited number of hand-signed proofs.
- Dürer published quite large numbers of his woodcut series in proofs before text on the reverse of the sheet.
- The trial proofs were rejected, and the finished photographs never made.
- About 6000 of Robert's negatives and picture proofs are held by the Alexander Turnbull Library in Wellington.
- I found your article on the value of so-called artist's proofs extremely interesting.
- 3 uncountable (alcoholic strength)graduación (feminine) alcohólica (nótese que el sistema británico difiere del norteamericano)70 proof (American system)≈ 35% de alcohol or 35° (GL)70 degrees proof (British system)≈ 40% de alcohol or 40° (GL)under proof → underproofExample sentences
- Your liver processes alcohol out of your system at an average rate of about 1.5 ounces of 80 proof alcohol an hour.
- Before aging, bourbon's proof must be lowered to no higher than 125 proof using distilled water.
- This hand-selected whiskey was bottled at 94 proof in elegantly sculpted decanters.
- (predicative) to be proof
againstsomethingser a pruebathe shields are proof against most projectiles dealgolos escudos son a prueba de la mayoría de los proyectilesshe was proof against his flatteryera inmune or no era vulnerable a sus halagosExample sentences
- Inclinations towards freedom, however, are not proof against systematic countermeasures.
- Maybe it's just as well that we have these idiot-proof tills, because without them the numerically challenged would be all but unemployable and we'd have to support them through a lifetime on the dole.
- Work has protected wildlife along the route, including measures to keep a colony of protected great crested newts safe, badger tunnels and deer-proof fencing.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.