- 1 1.1 u and c (conclusive evidence) prueba (feminine) where's your proof? ¿qué pruebas tienes? we have no proof of that no tenemos prueba(s) de eso you'll need proof of identity necesitará un documento de identidad, necesitará algo que acredite su identidad as a proof of como prueba de by way of proof como prueba proof of purchase comprobante (masculine) or prueba de compraMore example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (test) [literary/literario] prueba (feminine) to put sth to the proof poner* algo a prueba the proof of the pudding is in the eating no se sabe si algo es bueno hasta que se lo pone a prueba we shall see, the proof of the pudding is in the eating ya se verá a la hora de la verdad 1.3 countable/numerable [Mathematics/Matemáticas] prueba (feminine)
More example sentences
- That's completely absurd and there's no proof to validate that statement.
- It is too easy to find fault, to point a finger, without any facts or proof.
- Always check the seller's identity by asking for proof of name and address and be wary of sellers who want to meet you anywhere other than their home.
- An argument becomes a proof when the mathematical community agrees it is such.
- Mathematical proofs of conjectures, however, require more than overwhelming numerical evidence.
- His main work involved applying philosophy to mathematics, the philosophy taking precedence over rigorous mathematical proofs.
- 2 countable/numerable 2.1 [Printing/Imprenta] prueba (feminine) (de imprenta) (before noun/delante del nombre) proof copy ejemplar (feminine) de prueba proof stage fase (feminine) de lectura de pruebas 2.2 [Photography/Fotografía] prueba (feminine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- The trial proofs were rejected, and the finished photographs never made.
- About 6000 of Robert's negatives and picture proofs are held by the Alexander Turnbull Library in Wellington.
- I found your article on the value of so-called artist's proofs extremely interesting.
- He owned eight paintings and fourteen drawings, nine etchings on Japanese paper, fifty-nine separate proofs and an almost complete set of his prints.
- Oscar Marshall may also have offered a limited number of hand-signed proofs.
- Dürer published quite large numbers of his woodcut series in proofs before text on the reverse of the sheet.
- 3 uncountable/no numerable (alcoholic strength) graduación (feminine) alcohólica ([ nótese que el sistema británico difiere del norteamericano ]) 70 proof (American system) ≈ 35% de alcohol or 35° (GL) 70 degrees proof (British system) ≈ 40% de alcohol or 40° (GL) under proof underproofMore example sentences
- Your liver processes alcohol out of your system at an average rate of about 1.5 ounces of 80 proof alcohol an hour.
- Before aging, bourbon's proof must be lowered to no higher than 125 proof using distilled water.
- This hand-selected whiskey was bottled at 94 proof in elegantly sculpted decanters.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.