Translation of propagate in Spanish:
- 1.1(species/race)(disease)1.2(plants)Example sentences1.3
- Cultivars must be vegetatively propagated using plant tissue culture and this is a time-consuming and costly process requiring large tracts of experimental fields.
- Gay shopped plant sales, propagated her own stock and taught her daughter how to take cuttings.
- As with black Sampson coneflower, propagation by root division is rarely successful, so propagate this species by seed after moist stratification.
(sound/radio waves)Example sentences
- I dislike theories that propagate the idea of one pole vs. another and indeed the idea that we, as a race, have somewhere to go.
- I am an educator; I like to think that my ideas are propagated through education, but I don't want to force my work on people.
- The bill did not propagate a radical new idea, he said, but one that had existed in various forms for more than a century.
- As light is propagated through a biological medium, components of that light are either propagated forward in the medium, absorbed by molecules, or scattered in all directions within the medium.
- Sound waves are propagated within a medium, and simply do not exist ‘in the absence of interactions’.
- It is only when mysteriously united to a body that spirit is brought into relationship with place or extension, and under such a condition alone, and only through such a medium, can it propagate motion.
- (plant/species)propagarseExample sentences
- Turning from the very small to the very large, mathematics has also proved useful in understanding how particular tree species propagate across a geographic region.
- Trees can propagate sexually or vegetatively.
- They reduce wildfire damage, help fire-dependent species propagate, and remove competing species like red maple.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the