- 1.1 [write/spell] correctamente, bien; [fitted/adjusted] correctamente, debidamente, bien; [work/concentrate/eat] bien, como es debido start again and do it properly hazlo de nuevo como es debido or como Dios mandaMore example sentences1.2 (appropriately) apropiadamente, adecuadamente they don't pay us properly for the work we do no nos pagan lo que corresponde por el trabajo que hacemos his poetry isn't properly appreciated su poesía no se valora lo suficiente
More example sentences1.3 (accurately, correctly) he is more properly known as the director of operations el nombre correcto de su cargo es director de operaciones they very properly complained about the quality se quejaron, con toda la razón, de la calidad properly speaking, the tomato is a fruit hablando con propiedad or para ser exactos el tomate es una fruta 1.4 (in seemly manner) correctamente, con corrección very properly, he asked for a deposit con mucha corrección or de muy buenas maneras le pidió un depósito 1.5 (as intensifier/como palabra enfática) (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar], totalmente
- I need a keeper, someone who can make me nice meals and make sure I eat properly.
- I got better because someone before me taught me how to eat properly.
- I haven't eaten properly for a few days and my sleeping has been erratic.
More example sentences
- They were behaving more properly, more respectably, than middle-class people at a funeral.
- Not knowing what to expect, I decided to dress properly and make a very good first impression.
- You are never going to convert hard-line extremists by behaving properly, David concedes.
- The learned District Judge failed to take that fully and properly into account when she considered her order.
- Nor, I suggest, are we in this court in a position to explore it properly.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Paro is the name in Spain for both unemployment and unemployment benefit. The period for which paro can be claimed ranges from three months to a year, depending on how long a person has been working. The amount paid decreases over the period of unemployment.