Translation of property in Spanish:
noun plural -ties
- 1 uncountable 1.1 (possessions) these vehicles are the property of the governmentestos vehículos son propiedad del gobiernowhose property is it?¿de quién es?don't damage other people's property
¿a quién pertenece?no dañes las cosas ajenasit's my personal propertyes mío or [formal] de mi propiedadthe government is selling off public propertyel gobierno está vendiendo bienes públicosthe news has become public propertyla noticia es ya del dominio públicoa man of propertyun propietario acaudalado or adineradoExample sentences1.2 (ownership)
- When arrests were made stolen property was recovered that belonged to two victims of a robbery in the town centre.
- He also faces a charge of possessing stolen property in connection with the March 11 incident.
- Police are recommending charges of possessing stolen property, and break, enter and theft against the man.
- But how were those notions of ownership and property understood in customary terms?
- Just because of the abuse of property ownership, private property should not altogether be eliminated.
- The second major element in communist doctrine was the social ownership of property and central planning of the economy.
- 2 2.1 uncountable (buildings, land)propiedades (feminine plural)property insurance
bienes (masculine plural) raíces or inmuebles [formal]seguro (masculine) inmobiliario or sobre la propiedadproperty marketmercado (masculine) inmobiliarioproperty ownerpropietario, (-ria) (masculine, feminine)property pagessección (feminine) de anuncios or (Latin America) avisos inmobiliarios2.2 countable (building) a property in need of renovationun inmueble [formal]( or una casa, un apartamento etc) que necesita reformasExample sentences
Example sentences2.3 countable (person, book, movie)she's the hottest property in pop music
- And this time is an exciting one in the commercial property market.
- It was, they said, far too risky and was overexposed to the commercial property market.
- So maybe we have some areas outside of protected areas, on private property or council land, that could be set aside for those uses.
es el gran éxito del mundo de la música pop
- Yet, someone of strong will and character can override such properties and master the relic.
- The types of bonds in minerals can affect the properties and characteristics of minerals.
- The Bible does attribute the properties of life and death to both the plants and the lower animals.
- 4 countable (Cinema, Theater)accesorio (masculine)
objeto (masculine) de utilería or (Spain) (Mexico) del attrezzoalso: propertiesutilería (feminine) or (Spain) (Mexico) attrezzo (masculine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.