Translation of property in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ties)
- 1 uncountable/no numerable 1.1 (possessions) propiedad (feminine) these vehicles are the property of the government estos vehículos son propiedad del gobierno whose property is it? ¿de quién es?, ¿a quién pertenece? don't damage other people's property no dañes las cosas ajenas it's my personal property es mío or [formal] de mi propiedad the government is selling off public property el gobierno está vendiendo bienes públicos the news has become public property la noticia es ya del dominio público a man of property un propietario acaudalado or adineradoExample sentences1.2 (ownership) propiedad (feminine)
- When arrests were made stolen property was recovered that belonged to two victims of a robbery in the town centre.
- He also faces a charge of possessing stolen property in connection with the March 11 incident.
- Police are recommending charges of possessing stolen property, and break, enter and theft against the man.
- But how were those notions of ownership and property understood in customary terms?
- Just because of the abuse of property ownership, private property should not altogether be eliminated.
- The second major element in communist doctrine was the social ownership of property and central planning of the economy.
- 2 2.1 uncountable/no numerable (buildings, land) propiedades (feminine plural), bienes (masculine plural) raíces or inmuebles [formal] property insurance seguro (masculine) inmobiliario or sobre la propiedad property market mercado (masculine) inmobiliario property owner propietario, (masculine, feminine) property pages sección (feminine) de anuncios or (Latin America/América Latina) avisos inmobiliarios 2.2 countable/numerable (building) inmueble (masculine) [formal]; (piece of land) terreno (masculine), solar (masculine), parcela (feminine) a property in need of renovation un inmueble [formal]( or una casa, un apartamento etc) que necesita reformas 2.3 countable/numerable (person, book, movie) she's the hottest property in pop music es el gran éxito del mundo de la música popExample sentences
- And this time is an exciting one in the commercial property market.
- It was, they said, far too risky and was overexposed to the commercial property market.
- So maybe we have some areas outside of protected areas, on private property or council land, that could be set aside for those uses.
- Yet, someone of strong will and character can override such properties and master the relic.
- The types of bonds in minerals can affect the properties and characteristics of minerals.
- The Bible does attribute the properties of life and death to both the plants and the lower animals.
- 3 countable/numerable (quality) propiedad (feminine) it has medicinal properties posee propiedades medicinales
- 4 countable/numerable [Cinema/Cine] [Theater/Teatro] accesorio (masculine), objeto (masculine) de utilería or (Spain/España) (Mexico/México) del attrezzo(properties)utilería (feminine) or (Spain/España) (Mexico/México) attrezzo (masculine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the