Translation of property in Spanish:
noun plural -ties
- 1 uncountable 1.1 (possessions) these vehicles are the property of the governmentwhose property is it?estos vehículos son propiedad del gobiernodon't damage other people's property¿de quién es?¿a quién pertenece?it's my personal propertyno dañes las cosas ajenasthe government is selling off public propertyes mío or [formal] de mi propiedadthe news has become public propertyel gobierno está vendiendo bienes públicosa man of propertyla noticia es ya del dominio públicoun propietario acaudalado or adineradoExample sentences1.2 (ownership)
- When arrests were made stolen property was recovered that belonged to two victims of a robbery in the town centre.
- He also faces a charge of possessing stolen property in connection with the March 11 incident.
- Police are recommending charges of possessing stolen property, and break, enter and theft against the man.
- But how were those notions of ownership and property understood in customary terms?
- Just because of the abuse of property ownership, private property should not altogether be eliminated.
- The second major element in communist doctrine was the social ownership of property and central planning of the economy.
- 2 2.1 uncountable (buildings, land)property insurancepropiedades (feminine plural)bienes (masculine plural) raíces or inmuebles [formal]property marketseguro (masculine) inmobiliario or sobre la propiedadproperty ownermercado (masculine) inmobiliarioproperty pagespropietario, (-ria) (masculine, feminine)2.2 countable (building) a property in need of renovationsección (feminine) de anuncios or (Latin America) avisos inmobiliariosun inmueble [formal]( or una casa, un apartamento etc) que necesita reformasExample sentences
Example sentences2.3 countable (person, book, movie) See examples:she's the hottest property in pop music
- And this time is an exciting one in the commercial property market.
- It was, they said, far too risky and was overexposed to the commercial property market.
- So maybe we have some areas outside of protected areas, on private property or council land, that could be set aside for those uses.
es el gran éxito del mundo de la música pop
- Yet, someone of strong will and character can override such properties and master the relic.
- The types of bonds in minerals can affect the properties and characteristics of minerals.
- The Bible does attribute the properties of life and death to both the plants and the lower animals.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.