Translation of proportion in Spanish:
- 1 (part) (no plural/sin plural) parte (feminine), porcentaje (masculine) a large o high proportion of the voters gran parte de los votantes, un gran porcentaje de los votantes a proportion of the money raised parte or un porcentaje del dinero recaudadoExample sentences
- Improbable though it sounds, this attitude appears to be shared by a proportion of companies in almost every sector of the British economy.
- What I said was they were given proportionally, and the member's proportion was correct.
- There is also little agreement over what proportion of a prison population needs to be locked up in this way.
- 2 c and u (ratio) proporción (feminine) mix them in the proportion four to three mézclelos en una proporción de cuatro partes por cada tres in equal proportions por partes iguales to vary in direct/inverse proportion with sth variar* en proporción directa/inversa a algo in proportion to sth en proporción a algoExample sentences
- Thus the ratio of the proportions of deleterious mutations and nonsynonymous sites to that at synonymous sites is 6.6: 1.
- Medieval theories of ratios and proportions and of the intension and remission of forms were applied to problems of motion.
- The odds ratio is the same whichever way round we look at the table, but the difference and ratio of proportions are not.
- 3 uncountable/no numerable (proper relation) proporción (feminine) the head isn't in proportion to the body la cabeza no está (bien) proporcionada or está desproporcionada con respecto al cuerpo let's keep things in proportion no exageremos to blow sth up out of all proportion exagerar algo desmesuradamente you're getting everything out of proportion estás exagerando las cosas or (Spain/España) sacando las cosas de quicio his salary is out of all proportion to his talent su sueldo no guarda proporción con su talento he has no sense of proportion es un exageradoExample sentences
- Dürer, the first artist in the North to take up these studies, was obsessed throughout his life by the search for ideal proportion.
- Fashion may have changed over the years, but the pursuit of that ideal body proportion has not.
- The curtain style can make or break the total harmony and proportion of a room, and we are constantly asked how to choose the most appropriate style for a window.
- 4(proportions plural)(size) proporciones (feminine plural), dimensiones (feminine plural)Example sentences
- To my mind this was the defining moment in the great India-Pakistan cricketing divide when contests assumed proportions and dimensions other than mere sport.
- She was small; petite, some might say, in terms of proportions.
- Her relationships assume other proportions even as the country goes through the throes of upheaval.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.