Translation of propose in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (suggest) to propose a toastproponer un brindisdo you know what he proposed to me?¿sabes qué me propuso?to propose
-ing/( that)proponerI proposed giving them more incentives que+ subjunctivepropuse darles or que se les dieran más incentivosshe proposed that we employ them bothpropuso que las contratáramos a las doswhat do you propose we do?¿qué propones que hagamos?Example sentences1.2
also: proposed past participlethe proposed cutslos recortes que se proponen implementar1.3 (in meeting)
- The conference voted for complete opposition to the Lyons report, which first proposed these plans.
- Public sector workers also need to actively recruit to their unions by explaining what the plans mean and by proposing a strategy for fighting them.
- In what follows I try to analyze what gave rise to this choice for the public, and propose a plan for moving on.
los recortes que se planean(amendment)I propose that the meeting be adjourned
proponerpropongo que se levante la sesiónshe proposed Charles as chairmanpropuso or ( (Latin America) tb) postuló a Charles como presidenteyou'll be proposed for membership at the next meetingse te propondrá como candidato a socio en la próxima reuniónExample sentences
- He would not be able to live down the embarrassment in the event of someone telephoning him, as it was he who proposed the motion at committee to ban mobiles.
- She will propose a motion requesting the council adjourn it until May 21.
- At last week's Carlow town council meeting a resident of Grave Lane requested that the council propose a motion to change the name to Park Lane.
- 2 (intend)to propose to +
infinitive, to propose -ingpensar +what do you propose to do about it? infinitive¿qué piensas hacer al respecto?I propose to go back home and waitpienso volver a casa y esperarwhat do you propose doing with that old trunk?¿qué piensas hacer con ese baúl viejo?Example sentences
- As we have previously pointed out, we are not proposing to attend the hearing of your Application.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.