Translation of propose in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 1.1 (suggest) proponer* to propose a toast proponer* un brindis do you know what he proposed to me? ¿sabes qué me propuso? to propose
-ing/( that) proponer* que+ subjunctive/subjuntivoI proposed giving them more incentives propuse darles or que se les dieran más incentivos she proposed that we employ them both propuso que las contratáramos a las dos what do you propose we do? ¿qué propones que hagamos?Example sentences1.2
(proposed past participle of/participio pasado de)the proposed cuts los recortes que se proponen implementar, los recortes que se planean 1.3 (in meeting) [amendment] proponer*; [motion] presentar, proponer* I propose that the meeting be adjourned propongo que se levante la sesión she proposed Charles as chairman propuso or (in Latin America also/en América Latina también) postuló a Charles como presidente you'll be proposed for membership at the next meeting se te propondrá como candidato a socio en la próxima reuniónExample sentences
- The conference voted for complete opposition to the Lyons report, which first proposed these plans.
- Public sector workers also need to actively recruit to their unions by explaining what the plans mean and by proposing a strategy for fighting them.
- In what follows I try to analyze what gave rise to this choice for the public, and propose a plan for moving on.
- He would not be able to live down the embarrassment in the event of someone telephoning him, as it was he who proposed the motion at committee to ban mobiles.
- She will propose a motion requesting the council adjourn it until May 21.
- At last week's Carlow town council meeting a resident of Grave Lane requested that the council propose a motion to change the name to Park Lane.
- 2 (intend) to propose to +
infinitive/infinitivo, to propose -ingpensar* + infinitive/infinitivowhat do you propose to do about it? ¿qué piensas hacer al respecto? I propose to go back home and wait pienso volver a casa y esperar what do you propose doing with that old trunk? ¿qué piensas hacer con ese baúl viejo?Example sentences
- As we have previously pointed out, we are not proposing to attend the hearing of your Application.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.