- 1 [Law/Derecho] 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (bringing to trial) interposición (feminine) de una acción judicialMore example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (court case) proceso (m), juicio (m) to bring a prosecution against sb interponer* una acción judicial contra algn it's his second prosecution for theft es la segunda vez que lo procesan por robo 1.3 (prosecuting side) the prosecution la acusación (before noun/delante del nombre) prosecution case acusación (feminine) prosecution witness testigo (masculine and feminine) de cargo or de la acusación
- Two people are facing possible prosecutions for malicious or criminal damage.
- To respond to mass atrocity with legal prosecutions is to embrace the rule of law.
- Certainly, he contends, Parliament never intended to impose a filter for criminal prosecutions.
- 2 (of campaign) [formal] prosecución (feminine)
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Senado is the name of the upper chamber of the Spanish Cortes Generales, and the place where it meets. There are 250 senators, most of whom are elected every four years, at general elections, four from each province. A small number of senators are also elected by the autonomous governments.