- 1 [Law] 1.1 u (bringing to trial) interposición (f) de una acción judicialMore example sentences1.2 c (court case) proceso (m), juicio (m) to bring a prosecution against sb interponer* una acción judicial contra algn it's his second prosecution for theft es la segunda vez que lo procesan por robo 1.3 (prosecuting side) the prosecution la acusación (before n) prosecution case acusación (f) prosecution witness testigo (mf) de cargo or de la acusación
- Two people are facing possible prosecutions for malicious or criminal damage.
- To respond to mass atrocity with legal prosecutions is to embrace the rule of law.
- Certainly, he contends, Parliament never intended to impose a filter for criminal prosecutions.
- 2 (of campaign) [formal] prosecución (f)
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The RAE (Real Academia de la Lengua Española) is a body established in the eighteenth century to record and preserve the Spanish language. It is made up of académicos, who are normally well-known literary figures and/or academic experts on the Spanish language. The RAE publishes the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, which is regarded as an authority on correct Spanish. Affiliated academies exist in Latin American countries.