Translation of prosecution in Spanish:
- 1 [Law/Derecho] 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (bringing to trial) interposición (feminine) de una acción judicialExample sentences1.2 countable/numerable (court case) proceso (masculine), juicio (masculine) to bring a prosecution against sb interponer* una acción judicial contra algn it's his second prosecution for theft es la segunda vez que lo procesan por robo 1.3 (prosecuting side) the prosecution la acusación (before noun/delante del nombre) prosecution case acusación (feminine) prosecution witness testigo (masculine and feminine) de cargo or de la acusación
- Two people are facing possible prosecutions for malicious or criminal damage.
- To respond to mass atrocity with legal prosecutions is to embrace the rule of law.
- Certainly, he contends, Parliament never intended to impose a filter for criminal prosecutions.
- 2 (of campaign) [formal] prosecución (feminine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.