Translation of protect in Spanish:
- (person/animal)to protect something/somebody
from/ againstsomething/somebodyproteger algo/a alguiento protect tenants from unscrupulous landlords de/ contraalgo/alguienproteger a los inquilinos de los propietarios sin escrúpulosit protects you against coldste protege contra los resfriadosa protected speciesuna especie protegidaExample sentences
- She must accept the inevitable and protect against the greater harm.
- A number of acute-phase reactants protect against tissue injury in response to heat stress.
- I promised to protect you, all those years ago at the orphanage, and that's what I am doing right now.
- Many of the actions required are already within the scope of existing conventions concerned with wildlife conservation, insofar as they list marine species or marine protected areas on their annexes.
- Sadly all these developments are taking place in areas that were previously protected from any tourist development projects.
- The decision opens the previously protected areas to development.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.