- [person/animal] proteger*; [rights/interests] proteger*, salvaguardar to protect sth/sb
from/ againststh/sb proteger* algo/a algn de/ contraalgo/algn to protect tenants from unscrupulous landlords proteger* a los inquilinos de los propietarios sin escrúpulos it protects you against colds te protege contra los resfriados a protected species una especie protegidaMore example sentences
More example sentences
- She must accept the inevitable and protect against the greater harm.
- A number of acute-phase reactants protect against tissue injury in response to heat stress.
- I promised to protect you, all those years ago at the orphanage, and that's what I am doing right now.
- Many of the actions required are already within the scope of existing conventions concerned with wildlife conservation, insofar as they list marine species or marine protected areas on their annexes.
- Sadly all these developments are taking place in areas that were previously protected from any tourist development projects.
- The decision opens the previously protected areas to development.
- to protect (
from/ againststh) proteger* ( de/ contraalgo)
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Palacio de Oriente, also known as the Palacio Real, is the official residence of the Spanish Royal Family. The Royal Family now lives in the Palacio de la Zarzuela, on the outskirts of Madrid.