transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [person/animal] proteger*; [rights/interests] proteger*, salvaguardar to protect sth/sb
from/ againststh/sb proteger* algo/a algn de/ contraalgo/algn to protect tenants from unscrupulous landlords proteger* a los inquilinos de los propietarios sin escrúpulos it protects you against colds te protege contra los resfriados a protected species una especie protegidaMore example sentences
More example sentences
- She must accept the inevitable and protect against the greater harm.
- A number of acute-phase reactants protect against tissue injury in response to heat stress.
- I promised to protect you, all those years ago at the orphanage, and that's what I am doing right now.
- Many of the actions required are already within the scope of existing conventions concerned with wildlife conservation, insofar as they list marine species or marine protected areas on their annexes.
- Sadly all these developments are taking place in areas that were previously protected from any tourist development projects.
- The decision opens the previously protected areas to development.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- to protect (
from/ againststh) proteger* ( de/ contraalgo)
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a ración is a serving of food eaten in a bar or cafe, generally with a drink. Friends or relatives meet in a bar or cafe, order a number of raciones, and share them.