Translation of protect in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [person/animal] proteger*; [rights/interests] proteger*, salvaguardar to protect sth/sb
from/ againststh/sb proteger* algo/a algn de/ contraalgo/algn to protect tenants from unscrupulous landlords proteger* a los inquilinos de los propietarios sin escrúpulos it protects you against colds te protege contra los resfriados a protected species una especie protegidaExample sentences
- She must accept the inevitable and protect against the greater harm.
- A number of acute-phase reactants protect against tissue injury in response to heat stress.
- I promised to protect you, all those years ago at the orphanage, and that's what I am doing right now.
- Many of the actions required are already within the scope of existing conventions concerned with wildlife conservation, insofar as they list marine species or marine protected areas on their annexes.
- Sadly all these developments are taking place in areas that were previously protected from any tourist development projects.
- The decision opens the previously protected areas to development.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- to protect (
from/ againststh) proteger* ( de/ contraalgo)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas