- 1 uncountable (act, state)protection (
from/ againstsomebody/something) police protectionprotección policialto be under somebody's protectionestar bajo la protección de alguien(before noun) protection money(dinero que se paga al chantajista para que no cause daños en un comercio)protection racketchantaje (masculine) (que se practica a propietarios de comercios)Example sentences
- In one incident, he hacked away at the forelocks of horses - leaving them without protection against eye infections.
- The condom offers protection against infections, as well as serious sexually transmitted diseases such as HIV.
- Yes, private residences don't offer adequate protection against nuclear fallout.
- 2 (safeguard) (no plural) protection (
- Roommates, siblings, and other human arrangements would benefit from such legal protections as a civil union.
- It brings a lot of the workers under legal protections of U.S. labor law, which should benefit them.
- A private school may not offer the legal protections given to public school students.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.