- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (act, state) protection (
from/ againstsb/sth) protección (feminine)( contraalgn/algo) police protection protección policial to be under sb's protection estar* bajo la protección de algn (before noun/delante del nombre) protection moneydinero que se paga al chantajista para que no cause daños en un comercio protection racket chantaje (masculine) (que se practica a propietarios de comercios)More example sentences1.2 (safeguard) (no plural/sin plural) protection (
- In one incident, he hacked away at the forelocks of horses - leaving them without protection against eye infections.
- The condom offers protection against infections, as well as serious sexually transmitted diseases such as HIV.
- Yes, private residences don't offer adequate protection against nuclear fallout.
againststh) protección (feminine)( contraalgo)More example sentences
- Roommates, siblings, and other human arrangements would benefit from such legal protections as a civil union.
- It brings a lot of the workers under legal protections of U.S. labor law, which should benefit them.
- A private school may not offer the legal protections given to public school students.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The CAP (Curso de Adaptación Pedagógica) is a course taken in Spain by graduates with degrees in subjects other than education, who want to teach at secondary level. Students take a CAP in a particular subject, such as mathematics, literature, etc.