- 1.1 u (act, state) protection (
from/ againstsb/sth) protección (f)( contraalgn/algo) police protection protección policial to be under sb's protection estar* bajo la protección de algn (before n) protection moneydinero que se paga al chantajista para que no cause daños en un comercio protection racket chantaje (m) (que se practica a propietarios de comercios)More example sentences1.2 (safeguard) (no pl) protection (
- In one incident, he hacked away at the forelocks of horses - leaving them without protection against eye infections.
- The condom offers protection against infections, as well as serious sexually transmitted diseases such as HIV.
- Yes, private residences don't offer adequate protection against nuclear fallout.
againststh) protección (f)( contraalgo)More example sentences
- Roommates, siblings, and other human arrangements would benefit from such legal protections as a civil union.
- It brings a lot of the workers under legal protections of U.S. labor law, which should benefit them.
- A private school may not offer the legal protections given to public school students.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Onda Cero is a radio network broadcasting on AM and FM. It is owned by Telefónica, Spain's most important telecommunications group.