Translation of protective in Spanish:
- 1.1 [headgear/covering] protector; [clothing] de protecciónExample sentences1.2 [attitude/feelings] protector he feels protective toward them tiene una actitud protectora para con ellos
- Other male contraceptive formulations in production have been shown to decrease good HDL cholesterol levels, which are protective against heart disease.
- And that's not to mention research showing that beer is protective against gallstone formation, osteoporosis and even diabetes.
- Although carbohydrates boosted blood sugar, protein produced stable glucose levels that may be more protective against afternoon tiredness.
- He is somewhat of a loner, rather introverted, and protective of his ‘space.’
- I understand why he is so protective of his only girl, but sometimes it eats me up inside that I have to lie to him constantly.
- These systems are often rigidly organized and protective of their members.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, the paga extra (or paga extraordinaria) is a bonus payment equivalent to a month's salary, paid twice a year, at Christmas and in July before the summer vacation, on top of the normal monthly salary. These bonuses are written into most permanent employment contracts.