Translation of provide in Spanish:
- 1 (supply) See examples:to provide somebody
withsomethingwe provided them with food and blanketsproveer a alguien dealgosuministrarle or proporcionarle algo aalguienthe state provides the orchestra with fundslos proveímos de comida y mantasles suministramos or les proporcionamos comida y mantasprovide yourself with suitable clothingel estado subvenciona la orquestato provide something (provéase de or procúrese ropa adecuada for/ tosomebody/something)is accommodation provided?textbooks will be provided¿nos ( or les etc) dan alojamiento?the garden provides enough vegetables for the familyse proporcionarán or facilitarán los libros de textothe company provides sports facilities for its staffel huerto abastece a la familia de verdurasthey are alleged to have provided arms to the rebelsla compañía cuenta con instalaciones deportivas para uso del personalthe meeting provided an opportunity to put forward new proposalsse dice que (les) suministraron armas a los rebeldesthe test results provided some cluesla reunión ofreció or brindó la oportunidad de presentar nuevas propuestaslos resultados de las pruebas dieron or proporcionaron algunas pistasExample sentences
- Our aim was to raise awareness of the benefits and support available to those who provide unpaid care.
- Members of the Ladies Club provided a wonderful service throughout the day with refreshments available at all times.
- The group is active in repairing schools and providing educational supplies.
- 2 (stipulate) [formal](clause/treaty/contract)Example sentences
- The mortgage provides that the mortgagor shall pay all municipal taxes as they fall due.
- It provides that it is unlawful for a public authority to act in a way which is incompatible with a Convention right.
- This material plainly has to reach the expert and the clause provides that it should do so within a specific time limit.
- 1.1 (support)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.