Translation of province in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (administrative unit) provincia (feminine)Example sentences1.2 [Religion/Religión] provincia (feminine), arzobispado (masculine)
- That country is made up of three old Ottoman Empire provinces and they do have secessionist tendencies.
- The train is intended to ease congestion caused by more than 300 000 cars a day travelling between the province's two principal cities.
- Although there are provincial divisions, provinces tend to identify with one another by region.
(provinces plural)the provinces las provincias (in some Latin American countries) el interior (del país)
- The American Church is the wealthiest of all 38 Anglican provinces, and dioceses such as Liberia are almost entirely dependent on its support.
- Along with the Diocese of Ferns and Ossory it is part of the Dublin province with the Archbishop of Dublin as its metropolitan.
- Bishop Packer will act as chief consecrator on behalf of the Archbishop of Canterbury, the Metropolitan of the province.
- 2 2.1 (area of knowledge, activity) terreno (masculine), campo (masculine) that's outside my province ese no es mi terreno or campo 2.2 (area of responsibility) competencia (feminine) this isn't my province esto está fuera de mi competencia, esto no es de mi competenciaExample sentences
- To my fancy he was making a great fuss about nothing, but it was not my province to say so.
- Mr Holloway said it was not his province to decide on his own jurisdiction; he could enquire into it, but only make an observation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.