Translation of province in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (administrative unit)Example sentences1.2 (Religion)
- That country is made up of three old Ottoman Empire provinces and they do have secessionist tendencies.
- The train is intended to ease congestion caused by more than 300 000 cars a day travelling between the province's two principal cities.
- Although there are provincial divisions, provinces tend to identify with one another by region.
also: provinces pluralthe provinceslas provincias(in some Latin American countries)el interior (del país)
- The American Church is the wealthiest of all 38 Anglican provinces, and dioceses such as Liberia are almost entirely dependent on its support.
- Along with the Diocese of Ferns and Ossory it is part of the Dublin province with the Archbishop of Dublin as its metropolitan.
- Bishop Packer will act as chief consecrator on behalf of the Archbishop of Canterbury, the Metropolitan of the province.
- 2 2.1 (area of knowledge, activity) that's outside my province2.2 (area of responsibility) this isn't my provinceese no es mi terreno or campoesto está fuera de mi competenciaesto no es de mi competenciaExample sentences
- To my fancy he was making a great fuss about nothing, but it was not my province to say so.
- Mr Holloway said it was not his province to decide on his own jurisdiction; he could enquire into it, but only make an observation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.