Translation of province in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (administrative unit)Example sentences1.2 (Religion)
- That country is made up of three old Ottoman Empire provinces and they do have secessionist tendencies.
- The train is intended to ease congestion caused by more than 300 000 cars a day travelling between the province's two principal cities.
- Although there are provincial divisions, provinces tend to identify with one another by region.
also: provinces pluralthe provinceslas provincias(in some Latin American countries)
- The American Church is the wealthiest of all 38 Anglican provinces, and dioceses such as Liberia are almost entirely dependent on its support.
- Along with the Diocese of Ferns and Ossory it is part of the Dublin province with the Archbishop of Dublin as its metropolitan.
- Bishop Packer will act as chief consecrator on behalf of the Archbishop of Canterbury, the Metropolitan of the province.
el interior (del país)
- 2 2.1 (area of knowledge, activity) that's outside my provinceese no es mi terreno or campo2.2 (area of responsibility) this isn't my provinceesto está fuera de mi competencia
esto no es de mi competenciaExample sentences
- To my fancy he was making a great fuss about nothing, but it was not my province to say so.
- Mr Holloway said it was not his province to decide on his own jurisdiction; he could enquire into it, but only make an observation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.