- 1 1.1 (administrative unit) provincia (f)More example sentences1.2 [Relig] provincia (f), arzobispado (m)
More example sentences1.3
- That country is made up of three old Ottoman Empire provinces and they do have secessionist tendencies.
- The train is intended to ease congestion caused by more than 300 000 cars a day travelling between the province's two principal cities.
- Although there are provincial divisions, provinces tend to identify with one another by region.
(provinces pl)the provinces las provincias (in some Latin American countries) el interior (del país)
- The American Church is the wealthiest of all 38 Anglican provinces, and dioceses such as Liberia are almost entirely dependent on its support.
- Along with the Diocese of Ferns and Ossory it is part of the Dublin province with the Archbishop of Dublin as its metropolitan.
- Bishop Packer will act as chief consecrator on behalf of the Archbishop of Canterbury, the Metropolitan of the province.
- 2 2.1 (area of knowledge, activity) terreno (m), campo (m) that's outside my province ese no es mi terreno or campo 2.2 (area of responsibility) competencia (f) this isn't my province esto está fuera de mi competencia, esto no es de mi competenciaMore example sentences
- To my fancy he was making a great fuss about nothing, but it was not my province to say so.
- Mr Holloway said it was not his province to decide on his own jurisdiction; he could enquire into it, but only make an observation.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Catalán is the language of Catalonia. Like Castilian, Catalan is a Romance language. Variants of it include mallorquín of the Balearic Islands and valenciano spoken in the autonomous region of Valencia.