Translation of provincial in Spanish:
- 1 [Politics/Política] [government/assembly] provincialExample sentences
- Another reason for low results is that people just didn't feel as informed as they did for the provincial election and decided that voting would therefore be a waste.
- The teachers threatened to stage a sit-in outside the provincial governor's house if the problem was not resolved.
- The march led to traffic being blocked, before it came to a halt outside the provincial governor's office.
- 2 2.1 [town] de provincia(s); [fashions/accent] provinciano they're doing a provincial tour están de gira por las provincias 2.2 (parochial) [pejorative/peyorativo] [outlook/attitude] provinciano, pueblerinoExample sentences
- For all over Ireland, ribbon development of houses persists outside provincial towns and one-off badly sited homes are built without regard for the landscape as a whole.
- Well over €1million an acre is being achieved for retail parks outside provincial towns.
- A young woman in her twenties returns from the capital city to a provincial town where she grew up.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.