Translation of provincial in Spanish:
- 1 (Politics)(government/assembly)
- Another reason for low results is that people just didn't feel as informed as they did for the provincial election and decided that voting would therefore be a waste.
- The teachers threatened to stage a sit-in outside the provincial governor's house if the problem was not resolved.
- The march led to traffic being blocked, before it came to a halt outside the provincial governor's office.
- 2 2.1(town)
de provincia(s)(fashions/accent)they're doing a provincial tour
provincianoestán de gira por las provincias2.2 (parochial) [pejorative]Example sentences
- For all over Ireland, ribbon development of houses persists outside provincial towns and one-off badly sited homes are built without regard for the landscape as a whole.
- Well over €1million an acre is being achieved for retail parks outside provincial towns.
- A young woman in her twenties returns from the capital city to a provincial town where she grew up.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.