Translation of provincial in Spanish:
- 1 (Politics)(government/assembly)Example sentences
- Another reason for low results is that people just didn't feel as informed as they did for the provincial election and decided that voting would therefore be a waste.
- The teachers threatened to stage a sit-in outside the provincial governor's house if the problem was not resolved.
- The march led to traffic being blocked, before it came to a halt outside the provincial governor's office.
- 2 2.1(town)de provincia(s)(fashions/accent)they're doing a provincial tour2.2 (parochial) [pejorative]están de gira por las provinciasExample sentences
- For all over Ireland, ribbon development of houses persists outside provincial towns and one-off badly sited homes are built without regard for the landscape as a whole.
- Well over €1million an acre is being achieved for retail parks outside provincial towns.
- A young woman in her twenties returns from the capital city to a provincial town where she grew up.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than