Translation of provision in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable 1.1 (of funding)Example sentences1.2 (what is supplied) educational provision is inadequate
los recursos de que se dispone en materia de educación son insuficienteshow can we improve existing social provision?¿cómo podríamos mejorar los servicios or las prestaciones sociales existentes?there is very good provision for the elderlylas necesidades de los ancianos están muy bien atendidas
- Services include provision of information on cancer, counselling and reflexology and massage therapies.
- He pledged to continue negotiations with the Health Service Executive on the issue of extending the centre and provision of special sheltered housing.
- Direct services include referrals, provision of information, mental health counselling, advocacy work and financial assistance.
- 2 uncountable (preparatory arrangements)previsiones (feminine plural)to make provision for the futurehacer previsiones para el futuroinadequate provision had been made for these casesno se habían hecho previsiones adecuadas para estos casosprovision has been made for bad debtsse han tomado medidas en previsión de deudas incobrablesshe made no provision for him in her willno le dejó nada en el testamentowe've made provision for all eventualitieshemos previsto cualquier eventualidadthe policy makes no provision against accidental lossla póliza no cubre los casos de pérdida accidentalExample sentences
- To make provision for such an eventuality the replay is going to have to have a very early start, possibly as early as 12.30.
- But it is the duty of government to make provision for the future and to keep its citizens equipped to compete in a globalised market.
- We are electrifying the system as we go to make provision for future developments, Mr Lalor said.
- 3 countable (stipulation) under or according to the provisions of the treaty …según lo que estipula el tratado …I'll do it, subject to one provisionlo haré con una condiciónwith the provision that …con la condición de que …
con tal de que …Example sentences
- If you want me to proceed to trial in respect of Mrs. C then under the provisions of the Law Society guidelines I am required to notify you of my terms of business.
- Alstom submits that its obligation to proceed under the provisions of clause 2 was subject to two contingent conditions precedent neither of which were satisfied.
- The Minister is the person who is liable to sue and be sued under the provisions of that statute.
- 4also: provisions pluralprovisiones (feminine plural)
víveres (masculine plural)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.