Translation of provision in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable/no numerable 1.1 (of funding) provisión (feminine); (of food, supplies) suministro (masculine), aprovisionamiento (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (what is supplied) educational provision is inadequate los recursos de que se dispone en materia de educación son insuficientes how can we improve existing social provision? ¿cómo podríamos mejorar los servicios or las prestaciones sociales existentes? there is very good provision for the elderly las necesidades de los ancianos están muy bien atendidas
- Services include provision of information on cancer, counselling and reflexology and massage therapies.
- He pledged to continue negotiations with the Health Service Executive on the issue of extending the centre and provision of special sheltered housing.
- Direct services include referrals, provision of information, mental health counselling, advocacy work and financial assistance.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (preparatory arrangements) previsiones (feminine plural) to make provision for the future hacer* previsiones para el futuro inadequate provision had been made for these cases no se habían hecho previsiones adecuadas para estos casos provision has been made for bad debts se han tomado medidas en previsión de deudas incobrables she made no provision for him in her will no le dejó nada en el testamento we've made provision for all eventualities hemos previsto cualquier eventualidad the policy makes no provision against accidental loss la póliza no cubre los casos de pérdida accidentalExample sentences
- To make provision for such an eventuality the replay is going to have to have a very early start, possibly as early as 12.30.
- But it is the duty of government to make provision for the future and to keep its citizens equipped to compete in a globalised market.
- We are electrifying the system as we go to make provision for future developments, Mr Lalor said.
- 3 countable/numerable (stipulation) disposición (feminine) under o according to the provisions of the treaty … según lo que estipula el tratado … I'll do it, subject to one provision lo haré con una condición with the provision that … con la condición de que …, con tal de que …Example sentences
- If you want me to proceed to trial in respect of Mrs. C then under the provisions of the Law Society guidelines I am required to notify you of my terms of business.
- Alstom submits that its obligation to proceed under the provisions of clause 2 was subject to two contingent conditions precedent neither of which were satisfied.
- The Minister is the person who is liable to sue and be sued under the provisions of that statute.
- 4(provisions plural)provisiones (feminine plural), víveres (masculine plural)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
El Cid (from Arabic "sid" or "master") was the name given to Rodrigo Díaz de Vivar (born Vivar, near Burgos, c1043). He is Spain's warrior hero, being brave and warlike but also loyal and fair. He grew up in the court of Fernando I of Castile and later fought against the Moors, earning the title, Campeador. He married Jimena, granddaughter of Alfonso VI, "the Wise." In 1089, after a disagreement with the king, he and his loyal retainers went into exile, recapturing Valencia from the Moors. He died in 1099 and his deeds are the subject of many oral accounts, the most complete being El Cantar del Mío Cid. His sword, La Tizona, is in a museum in Burgos.