- 1 uncountable/no numerable 1.1 (of funding) provisión (feminine); (of food, supplies) suministro (masculine), aprovisionamiento (masculine)More example sentences1.2 (what is supplied) educational provision is inadequate los recursos de que se dispone en materia de educación son insuficientes how can we improve existing social provision? ¿cómo podríamos mejorar los servicios or las prestaciones sociales existentes? there is very good provision for the elderly las necesidades de los ancianos están muy bien atendidas
- Services include provision of information on cancer, counselling and reflexology and massage therapies.
- He pledged to continue negotiations with the Health Service Executive on the issue of extending the centre and provision of special sheltered housing.
- Direct services include referrals, provision of information, mental health counselling, advocacy work and financial assistance.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (preparatory arrangements) previsiones (feminine plural) to make provision for the future hacer* previsiones para el futuro inadequate provision had been made for these cases no se habían hecho previsiones adecuadas para estos casos provision has been made for bad debts se han tomado medidas en previsión de deudas incobrables she made no provision for him in her will no le dejó nada en el testamento we've made provision for all eventualities hemos previsto cualquier eventualidad the policy makes no provision against accidental loss la póliza no cubre los casos de pérdida accidentalMore example sentences
- To make provision for such an eventuality the replay is going to have to have a very early start, possibly as early as 12.30.
- But it is the duty of government to make provision for the future and to keep its citizens equipped to compete in a globalised market.
- We are electrifying the system as we go to make provision for future developments, Mr Lalor said.
- 3 countable/numerable (stipulation) disposición (feminine) under o according to the provisions of the treaty … según lo que estipula el tratado … I'll do it, subject to one provision lo haré con una condición with the provision that … con la condición de que …, con tal de que …More example sentences
- If you want me to proceed to trial in respect of Mrs. C then under the provisions of the Law Society guidelines I am required to notify you of my terms of business.
- Alstom submits that its obligation to proceed under the provisions of clause 2 was subject to two contingent conditions precedent neither of which were satisfied.
- The Minister is the person who is liable to sue and be sued under the provisions of that statute.
- 4(provisions plural)provisiones (feminine plural), víveres (masculine plural)
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Chicanos are Mexican Americans, the descendants of Mexican immigrants living in the United States. For long looked down on by Americans of European descent, Chicano society has found a new pride in its origins and culture. There are numerous Chicano radio stations and cultural organizations in the United States and many universities and colleges now offer courses in Chicano Studies.