Translation of proxy in Spanish:
noun plural proxies
- 1 countable (person) to stand proxy for somebodyrepresentar a alguien
obrar con poder de alguienExample sentences
- Some sources say that a proxy worked on his behalf none other than would-be powerbroker and Industry Minister Ian Macfarlane.
- The letter was handed over by Peter Brown, himself an accountant and auditor, who was attending the meeting as a proxy on behalf of a shareholder.
- But, of course - they're too smart for this - this is why they use our sons and daughters as proxies to advance their agenda without risking their own blood.
- 2 uncountable (authorization) I gave him proxy to act on my behalfle di poder(es) para que actuara en mi nombreto vote by proxyvotar por podervotar por poderes (Spain)(before noun) (marriage/vote)
por poderes (Spain)Example sentences
- For example, the House of Delegates met and voted by proxy on the AORN Position Statement on Correct Site Surgery in February.
- The de-merger proposal was approved by the sheer weight of proxy votes - 97 per cent of big and small investors voting by proxy gave the plan the thumbs up.
- Dicker said those people who were living away from the community were able to send a vote by proxy.
- 3 countable (document)poder (masculine) (de representación)Example sentences
- The notice of meeting reveals that the board will be voting open proxies against Joy Buckland but there is a grey area here.
- Rupert was naughty in that he voted undirected proxies and he didn't answer the question when Crikey asked that he not do this given that he had a conflict of interest and wasn't voting his own stake.
- However, recent changes in SEC guidelines require managers to report back to their investors and let them know how they vote their proxies, Aase said.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.