n (pl -xies)
- 1.1 c (person) representante (mf), apoderado, -da (m,f) to stand proxy for sb representar a algn, obrar con poder de algnMore example sentences1.2 u (authorization) poder (m) I gave him proxy to act on my behalf le di poder(es) para que actuara en mi nombre to vote by proxy votar por poder or (Esp) por poderes (before n) [marriage/vote] por poder or (Esp) por poderes
More example sentences1.3 c (document) poder (m) (de representación)
- Some sources say that a proxy worked on his behalf none other than would-be powerbroker and Industry Minister Ian Macfarlane.
- The letter was handed over by Peter Brown, himself an accountant and auditor, who was attending the meeting as a proxy on behalf of a shareholder.
- But, of course - they're too smart for this - this is why they use our sons and daughters as proxies to advance their agenda without risking their own blood.
More example sentences
- For example, the House of Delegates met and voted by proxy on the AORN Position Statement on Correct Site Surgery in February.
- The de-merger proposal was approved by the sheer weight of proxy votes - 97 per cent of big and small investors voting by proxy gave the plan the thumbs up.
- Dicker said those people who were living away from the community were able to send a vote by proxy.
- The notice of meeting reveals that the board will be voting open proxies against Joy Buckland but there is a grey area here.
- Rupert was naughty in that he voted undirected proxies and he didn't answer the question when Crikey asked that he not do this given that he had a conflict of interest and wasn't voting his own stake.
- However, recent changes in SEC guidelines require managers to report back to their investors and let them know how they vote their proxies, Aase said.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
La movida madrileña is an expression referring to the Madrid social and cultural scene of the late 1970s and early 1980s, and the people involved in it. It was a youth phenomenon based around night spots in the city, such as the now defunct club Rock-Ola. One of the leading lights of the movida was the movie director Pedro Almodóvar.