- 1 (Cookery)ciruela (feminine) pasa or (Southern Cone) secaas wrinkled as a prunecomo una pasa or pasitaExample sentences
- However, just as raisins seem different from grapes, so do prunes appear to be distinct from plums.
- Sneak some raisins or puréed prunes or zucchini into whole-wheat pancakes.
- European plums have a thick, firm flesh that make excellent prunes, preserves, or desert fruit.
- 2 (fool) (British English) [colloquial]tonto, (-ta) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- Even pathetic old prunes have their moment in the glare of the gossip mags
- McGregor has some good company: that miserable old prune Hugh Morgan (another complete AO) is also a distinguished fellow.
- I had to put up with all these melodramatic old prunes (not just older people, but people of my own age as well) saying that my life was over, and oh, i would never be able to do my degree and get a good job, and oh, it is such a shame!
- Late February is an optimum time to prune trees and shrubs in your landscape.
- When cleaning out the dead debris from flowerbeds, also prune any shrubs and push plants back into the soil that have heaved with the frosts.
- I pruned the rose bushes and gave them a good soaking - it has been a dry winter.
- You may also need to prune back live branches that are getting out of control.
- More compact plants result when long branches are pruned back to their junction at a lateral branch during early spring.
- But if you prune back hard or after the tree leafs out in spring, it may be slower to come into bloom that year.
pulir y acortarExample sentences
- So unless top-line targets are met, the cost base is pruned to compensate.
- Acting quickly, Bern closed underperforming stores, pruned the work force, expanded product lines and revised the merchandising strategy.
- The coalition will be working very hard over the next few months to prune expenditure to bring down this tax rise. The process has already started.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.