- 1 (tax collector) [Bible/Biblia] publicano (masculine)More example sentences
- He is the same as He was when He received Mary Magdalene - called Matthew the publican - brought Zacchaeus down from the tree, and made them examples of what His grace could do.
- Friend of publicans and sinners, you make the angels laugh and heaven rejoice.
- Obviously, Paul is talking about sinners if they are not saved while Jesus is talking about those publicans and harlots that believed in him.
- 2 (landlord of pub) (British English/inglés británico) dueño, (masculine, feminine) de un barMore example sentences
- Food was not high on your average publican's agenda, nor was it high priority for his customers.
- With the party season approaching, publicans, hoteliers and restaurateurs are anxious to win back custom from locals and tourists by softening the area's rowdy image.
- Police officers, hoteliers, shopkeepers and publicans are also among those asked to brush up on their knowledge of Scotland's most famous poet.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)