Translation of publican in Spanish:
- 1 (tax collector) [Bible] publicano (masculine)Example sentences
- He is the same as He was when He received Mary Magdalene - called Matthew the publican - brought Zacchaeus down from the tree, and made them examples of what His grace could do.
- Friend of publicans and sinners, you make the angels laugh and heaven rejoice.
- Obviously, Paul is talking about sinners if they are not saved while Jesus is talking about those publicans and harlots that believed in him.
- 2 (landlord of pub) (British English/inglés británico) dueño, (masculine, feminine) de un barExample sentences
- Food was not high on your average publican's agenda, nor was it high priority for his customers.
- With the party season approaching, publicans, hoteliers and restaurateurs are anxious to win back custom from locals and tourists by softening the area's rowdy image.
- Police officers, hoteliers, shopkeepers and publicans are also among those asked to brush up on their knowledge of Scotland's most famous poet.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the