Translation of pudding in Spanish:
nouncountable or uncountable
- 1 1.1 (baked, steamed) bread and butter puddingbudín or pudín de panExample sentences1.2 (with pastry crust)
- As the name suggests, the menu contains a lot of sausage and mash and steamed puddings, but it's fun, fast and all wonderfully fattening.
- When I was a student, it was a warm refuge to sip on bottomless cups of coffee and indulge in steamed fruit pudding and toasted cinnamon buns.
- For the cornbread pudding, preheat the oven to 350 degrees, coat the inside of a deep ovenproof pan with some of the and set aside.
- One point on which there is universal agreement is that it is vital to cook a rice pudding very slowly.
- Our dining establishment, The Riverside Cafe, was just what you need on a cold rainy day - puddings and stodgy meals galore, with nary a vegetable in sight.
- Of the puddings, a warm chocolate fondant with peanut ice-cream and artichoke caramel really stood out.
- 2 (dessert)(British English)what's for pudding? don't sit there like a puddingno te quedes ahí como un pasmarote [colloquial]Example sentences
- In dairy desserts such as puddings and mousses, the desired texture and air content determine the type and amount of cocoa powder to be used.
- The mix should have the consistency of pudding or soft butter.
- I went downstairs to finish working on the pudding for the dessert as Mary washed the pots and pans I had used to cook with.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.