- 1 (Physiology) I could feel my pulse racingto take somebody's pulsesentía que el corazón me latía muy rápidoto keep one's finger on the pulsetomarle el pulso a alguien(before noun) pulse beatestar al tanto de lo que pasaritmo (masculine) cardíaco
- 2 (throbbing)Example sentences
- She could see the blood in his pulse just near his neck.
- If your doctor has told you that you have a narrowed carotid artery, check your pulse at your wrist.
- First he checks the pulse of my left wrist, then the pulse from my right wrist.
- 3 (Physics)Example sentences
- A short pulse or wave of electromagnetic radiation is transmitted from the system into the ground.
- Although short pulses of radio waves briefly disturb this spin alignment, the spins promptly realign in the direction of the magnetic field.
- The researchers used laser pulses to produce a wave packet that contained the outer electron of a lithium atom and traveled around the nucleus on an elongated elliptical orbit.
- (heart/blood vessel)the beam pulsed twice a second (Electronics)el rayo emitía dos pulsaciones por segundoExample sentences
- Hours after watching the film, I can close my eyes and see those incredible battle scenes pulsing and throbbing in my skull.
- The darker egg, however, was pulsing and throbbing, showing signs of life.
- We're talking about the aching, pulsing, throbbing pain of headaches.
- (Agriculture)Example sentences
- Magnesium-rich foods that may help to build bone include green leafy vegetables, nuts, seeds, beans and pulses.
- Now, new research suggests that a diet high in fruits and vegetables, including spinach, beans and pulses, olive oil and fish helps in the treatment of the joint condition rheumatoid arthritis too.
- Used as a dried pulse, mung beans need no soaking, cook relatively quickly, have a good flavour, and are easily digestible: a collection of merits which few other legumes can match.
- They will also help to widen the food security basket through inclusion of local grains like millets, pulses, oilseeds and tubers.
- Biomass losses from pulses of heavy canopy tree mortality may have consequences for ecosystem resilience.
- The second is green manuring, which can be done with 20 plants, including cereals, pulses, oilseeds and spices.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.