Translation of pun in Spanish:
- Example sentences
- By all reports, the mountain men love mountain women almost as much as winning rugby league games (a cheap pun based on no facts).
- The name Cindy sounds like a near pun to cinders, which speaks again to the idea of complete destruction for the birth of some new work.
- We can deduce whether a consonant was sounded from the way puns work.
intransitive verb -nn-
- hacer juegos de palabrasExample sentences
- First, it isn't Hobbes's view that the relation between states is characterised as involving a ‘clubbable’ social life, unless we're punning on ‘club’.
- In his great novel Ulysses, James Joyce, punning on the old line ‘An Englishman's home is his castle’ reflects that ‘The Irishman's house is his coffin’.
- Any theatre which presents a drama about poker lays itself open to critics punning madly about it ‘taking a gamble’ or ‘playing for high stakes’.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.