Translation of punish in Spanish:
- 1 (chastise)(child)he's been punished enough by having to miss the gameya ha sido bastante castigo tener que perderse el partidoExample sentences
- This contravenes the movies' typical treatment of cads, who are usually punished for their moral transgressions or transformed into dullards by the power of love.
- Noir was the perfect response to the censors - the Code demanded that people be punished for their sins, and in film noir everyone pays.
- A minute later the visitors were punished for their miss when Lennon took a pass on the turn and rifled the ball into the right-hand corner to give Monksland the lead.
- 2 (treat harshly)(error/lapse)(ball/opponent)(body/engine)exigirle demasiado aExample sentences
- One lapse of concentration costs you dearly at this level and any mistakes are generally punished with a goal.
- Gomersal came back in the second half to punish mistakes and take the game 2-1.
- His miss handed Cougars a scrum in front of the posts - but they let him off the hook by not punishing his mistake with a score.
- By going to this extreme you are unfairly punishing the individual in the pursuit of spiteful gossip.
- Patti Fritz argues that such a fee unfairly punishes elderly residents who put away savings for their retirement years.
- Dr Fundanga said all that was needed was a comprehensive framework for enforcement rather than on an ad hoc basis because this would end up punishing some members unfairly.
- It was hard to imagine how that merry prankster and mistress of worthy causes could be subject to such punishing mood swings.
- His length had improved and he was much more severe in punishing any loose shots played by Darwish.
- Seems perfectly reasonable to me that the Doctor's control of the energy would be more punishing and exhausting - even damaging - than Rose's.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.