- 1 [formal] 1.1 u and c (act) adquisición (feminine) [formal], compra (feminine) to make a purchase efectuar* una adquisición or una compra [formal], hacer* una compra purchase ledger (book) libro (masculine) de contabilidad mayor (accounts keeping) contabilidad (feminine) mayor purchase order orden (feminine) de compra purchase price precio (masculine) de adquisición [formal] or compra 1.2 countable/numerable (thing bought) adquisición (feminine) [formal], compra (feminine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- However renovation work would use up all the council's funds and that upset 13 councillors from across the political spectrum who wanted to block the purchase.
- The object of the purchase was that the Block should be converted into residential flats which would then be sold on.
- From vending machine purchases to Morale, Welfare and Recreation tickets, any cash purchase aboard ship will require a Navy Cash Card.
- Climbing aboard, they stow their purchases within the truck's cabin, where they will lie protected from wind and possible rain.
- They had a light lunch on board the ship, after stowing their purchases.
- As you enter the home straight, you must be able to stow the purchases away within three minutes of entering and disposing of carrier bags where they will not be found.
- 2 (grip) (no plural/sin plural) to get purchase o a purchase on sth agarrarse a or de algoMore example sentences
- Such wider knowledge is firmer purchase on the worldly things and neighbors God has given us to honor and conserve.
- It didn't come in his lifetime; a catalyst and a visionary, he seemed to be moving too fast to gain purchase on his value system.
- It took him a few more moments to figure out how to gain purchase on the surface with his feet, but as soon as he had that, he was off!
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The National Police (Policía Nacional) was set up in Spain in 1976. Its members patrol provincial capitals and big cities, which are responsible for its finance, administration, and recruitment. Although armed, it has never been considered a repressive force, unlike the