Translation of purchase in Spanish:
- 1 [formal] 1.1 u and c (act) adquisición (feminine) [formal], compra (feminine) to make a purchase efectuar* una adquisición or una compra [formal], hacer* una compra purchase ledger (book) libro (masculine) de contabilidad mayor (accounts keeping) contabilidad (feminine) mayor purchase order orden (feminine) de compra purchase price precio (masculine) de adquisición [formal] or compra 1.2 countable/numerable (thing bought) adquisición (feminine) [formal], compra (feminine)Example sentences
- However renovation work would use up all the council's funds and that upset 13 councillors from across the political spectrum who wanted to block the purchase.
- The object of the purchase was that the Block should be converted into residential flats which would then be sold on.
- From vending machine purchases to Morale, Welfare and Recreation tickets, any cash purchase aboard ship will require a Navy Cash Card.
- Climbing aboard, they stow their purchases within the truck's cabin, where they will lie protected from wind and possible rain.
- They had a light lunch on board the ship, after stowing their purchases.
- As you enter the home straight, you must be able to stow the purchases away within three minutes of entering and disposing of carrier bags where they will not be found.
- 2 (grip) (no plural/sin plural) to get purchase o a purchase on sth agarrarse a or de algoExample sentences
- Such wider knowledge is firmer purchase on the worldly things and neighbors God has given us to honor and conserve.
- It didn't come in his lifetime; a catalyst and a visionary, he seemed to be moving too fast to gain purchase on his value system.
- It took him a few more moments to figure out how to gain purchase on the surface with his feet, but as soon as he had that, he was off!
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas