- (in knitting)tejer al or del revésExample sentences
- Purl one, knit one, purl one, purl one - wait, that was a knit, wasn't it?
- Or perhaps it'll be cyber-knitters, chanting some elaborated version of ‘knit one, purl two’ as they create mythic tapestries or heal rifts in the fabric of space-time.
- Although, I find it less annoying than a rib - knit 3, move yarn, purl 3, move yarn, repeat - because I always loose track of what stitch I'm on.
murmurar [literary]Example sentences
- The water gurgled and purled, loudly at first, then softly, as a powerful foot-wide whirlpool took shape.
- Miri could not imagine there was such a beautiful place as the island of Philae, an island amongst islands washed by the purling waters of the Nile.
- I look out of the window and through the purling drops I can see gutters running with water; I can see the clouds almost black with rain to come.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.