- 1 1.1 (chase) perseguir* she's constantly pursued by her fans se ve constantemente asediada or perseguida por sus fans she seems to be pursued by bad luck parece que la persigue la mala suerteMore example sentences1.2 (seek, strive for) [pleasure/happiness] buscar*; [hopes/rights] luchar por, reivindicar*
More example sentences
- The most celebrated story of all, however, was one well-attested case of a monkey hotly pursuing an elderly policeman named Sub Inspector Bhola Ram.
- Police officers pursuing the car stopped to help their victim, but despite the fact that he was no longer being pursued, the Peugeot driver went on to hit a second student.
- He was arrested in the Roxy area by other police officers who pursued the bus on motorcycles.
- But we must pursue and accomplish our goals of building Inuktitut resources and curriculum.
- Instead, by letting themselves always yet never fully imitated by the cyborg, the human now pursues a more ambitious goal of taking the place of ‘Being.’
- Last spring, Alexis O'Hara brought her third year of organizing the Montreal Slam to a halt in order to pursue her own artistic goals.
- 2 (carry out, continue with) 2.1 [policy/course of action] continuar* con; [research/study] continuar* con, proseguir* [formal] we can pursue the matter further in our next meeting podemos continuar con el tema en la próxima reunión 2.2 [profession] ejercer*, dedicarse* al ejercicio deMore example sentences
- It was, of course, a mistake for him to pursue the Labour leadership.
- At the present time the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation is a federal executive authority, which pursues State policy and engages in State administration in matters of defense.
- It's one thing to examine the options, it is another to pursue a determined course of action to achieve a concrete result.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)