Translation of pursuit in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable or countable 1.1 (chase)(in cycling) (carrera (feminine) de) persecución (feminine)she set off in pursuit of the thiefsalió en persecución or a la caza del ladrónwe saw him run past with two guards in hot pursuitlo vimos pasar corriendo con dos guardias pisándole los talonesthey crossed the border in hot pursuit of the insurgentscruzaron la frontera tras or en pos de los insurgentesExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (search, striving)the pursuit
- Wayne was in pursuit of a vehicle that had been reported stolen.
- As such, helicopter borne sections will swoop down on suspect vehicles in pursuit of looters and the illegal oil trade.
- The vehicle sped off in pursuit of the prisoner and quickly caught up with him.
- The track pursuit specialist ultimately wants two more Olympic gold medals but has also been tipped to star in Tour de France time trials.
- He is among the favourites to win a second gold in the track individual pursuit on Saturday.
- There are still plenty of individual pursuits to be found in mountain bike racing.
ofsomethingthe pursuit of happinessla búsqueda de la felicidadin the pursuit of her goalsen su lucha por alcanzar sus objetivos
- 2 countable (pastime, activity) her leisure pursuitssus pasatiemposExample sentences
- Kids went roller skating, played in the Jungle Tumble Land, had arts and crafts lessons and a host of other sporting and fun pursuits including football, tennis, badminton and basketball.
- The officers use sport as a tool to engage young people in active recreation and leisure pursuits and facilities at the level to suit their needs.
- This might be an opportune time to explore or return to hobbies, leisure activities or career pursuits.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.