- 1 uncountable or countable/no numerable o numerable 1.1 (chase) persecución (f); (in cycling) (carrera (f) de) persecución (f) she set off in pursuit of the thief salió en persecución or a la caza del ladrón we saw him run past with two guards in hot pursuit lo vimos pasar corriendo con dos guardias pisándole los talones they crossed the border in hot pursuit of the insurgents cruzaron la frontera tras or en pos de los insurgentesMore example sentences1.2 (search, striving)the pursuit
- The track pursuit specialist ultimately wants two more Olympic gold medals but has also been tipped to star in Tour de France time trials.
- He is among the favourites to win a second gold in the track individual pursuit on Saturday.
- There are still plenty of individual pursuits to be found in mountain bike racing.
ofsth the pursuit of happiness la búsqueda de la felicidad in the pursuit of her goals en su lucha por alcanzar sus objetivosMore example sentences
- Wayne was in pursuit of a vehicle that had been reported stolen.
- As such, helicopter borne sections will swoop down on suspect vehicles in pursuit of looters and the illegal oil trade.
- The vehicle sped off in pursuit of the prisoner and quickly caught up with him.
- 2 countable/numerable (pastime, activity) actividad (feminine) her leisure pursuits sus pasatiemposMore example sentences
- Kids went roller skating, played in the Jungle Tumble Land, had arts and crafts lessons and a host of other sporting and fun pursuits including football, tennis, badminton and basketball.
- The officers use sport as a tool to engage young people in active recreation and leisure pursuits and facilities at the level to suit their needs.
- This might be an opportune time to explore or return to hobbies, leisure activities or career pursuits.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a privately owned school that receives no government funds is called a colegio privado. Parents pay monthly fees. Colegios privados cover all stages of primary and secondary education.