Translation of purview in Spanish:
- [formal] ámbito (masculine) to lie outside/come within the purview of sth estar* fuera/dentro del ámbito de algoExample sentences
- The curious thing, in the setting of the Regulations Review Committee, is that not all subordinate legislation is within the purview of the committee.
- As far as the question of double-dipping is concerned, that is within the purview of the Minister to answer, and the Minister can comment on that part.
- That is why we view with concern a proposal to partially exempt NSW politicians from the purview of the state's anti-corruption watchdog.
- Now we're getting people who are reviewing up to a dozen applications, not in their area of speciality but in, what you might say, their wider purview of experience.
- Only the state of the sanity of the defendant's mind mattered, and that was the purview of men with education and experience.
- The film points out that these novels were written by a man who had never been to America, and links Hitler to him as also a man who had no experience of cultures outside his purview.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.