- (duck)hacer cua cuaExample sentences
- Yet, in case after case, the chicken always ended up dead, while the duck went happily quacking down the river.
- We strolled up a steep street, where wild ducks quacked for food outside a shop, and into a quiet garden.
- Down near the pond, the ducks were quacking at an old couple that was throwing pieces of stale bread at them.
- (of duck)Example sentences
- But even from the vague hints he throws out, I think we may rest assured it will not be the last quack of a lame duck.
- This is an interesting link for anyone who was wondering about those duck quacks.
- I'm sorry to say that it's not true about the quack of a duck.
- 1 (charlatan)curandero, (-ra) (masculine, feminine)charlatán, (-tana) (masculine, feminine)(before noun) (remedy)quack doctorde curanderocurandero, (-ra) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- As with most quack cure claims about ‘toxins’, the actual toxins were not named.
- An alternative medicine quack reckoned he could cure Faulkner of his twitching with a six-month course of treatment.
- But why wouldn't they believe the claims of the detox quacks?
- 2 [colloquial] [humorous] (doctor)Example sentences
- In India, this could range from private practitioners, to hospitals, nursing homes, polyclinics, alternative medical practitioners, quacks and pharmacists.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.