- 1 c 1.1 [Educ] she has a teaching qualification tiene título de maestra/profesora his qualifications are very good está muy bien calificado or (Esp) cualificado with all his qualifications, he still couldn't get a job a pesar de su excelente currículum or preparación, no pudo conseguir trabajo she has no paper qualifications no tiene títulos ni diplomasMore example sentences1.2 (skill, necessary attribute) requisito (m) the essential qualification is enthusiasm el requisito esencial or lo que hay que tener es entusiasmo
- All doctors with foreign qualifications have to pass examinations in South Africa before they could register, said Tshabalala-Msimang.
- The majority of social workers in the country are still waiting for official recognition of their professional status and qualifications.
- All courses lead to recognised qualifications.
- 2 u 2.1 (eligibility) derecho (m) their qualification for financial assistance su derecho a percibir ayuda económica 2.2 (being accepted) clasificación (f) qualification for the finals was all they hoped for no esperaban más que clasificarse para la finalMore example sentences
More example sentences
- They say nurses working in Nunavik, James Bay, Lower North Shore and remote First Nations communities need recognition of past experience when they seek qualification as a nurse practitioner.
- The trainee primary and secondary school teachers claim they were lured into the profession with false promises that their age and experience would be recognised on qualification.
- The fact that it is possible for a doctor to continue to practice for decades after qualification without ever opening a book or taking any other steps to keep up to date has long seemed indefensible.
- What are the basic qualifications and aptitude required?
- The three C's that credit creditors look at when determining their qualification are capacity, character, and collateral.
- There is no one of sufficient stature, no impartial media, and no intellectuals with adequate qualifications and credibility to arbitrate.
- 3 u c 3.1 (reservation) reserva (f) to agree without qualification aceptar sin reservas or condiciones I should like to add a few qualifications quisiera hacer algunas salvedades or matizar algunos puntos 3.2 (to accounts) salvedad (f), reparo (m)More example sentences
- Its 50 pages are filled with so many assertions, half-truths and qualifications as to render it worthless.
- The only qualification to this statement is in reference to rooting of the ingroup relative to outgroup taxa.
- Doubtless people will disagree, but I think the former is a much stronger statement without the qualification.
- 4 u [Ling] calificación (f)More example sentences
- The first element in the phrase is an adverb, an adverbial qualification or an object (direct or indirect).
- In English, the definite article, the demonstrative and the qualification adjective are neutral as to gender variation.
- I now believe that de la Grasserie's semantic characterization is more accurate in this respect: a nominal construct with a personal possessive pronoun brings into the picture a further qualification of the noun phrase than does the noun phrase with just a definite article.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Onda Cero is a radio network broadcasting on AM and FM. It is owned by Telefónica, Spain's most important telecommunications group.