Translation of qualification in Spanish:
- 1 countable 1.1 (resulting from education)she has a teaching qualificationtiene título de maestra/profesorahis qualifications are very goodestá muy bien calificado or (Spain) cualificadowith all his qualifications, he still couldn't get a joba pesar de su excelente currículum or preparación, no pudo conseguir trabajoshe has no paper qualificationsno tiene títulos ni diplomasExample sentences1.2 (skill, necessary attribute) the essential qualification is enthusiasm
el requisito esencial or lo que hay que tener es entusiasmoExample sentences
- All doctors with foreign qualifications have to pass examinations in South Africa before they could register, said Tshabalala-Msimang.
- The majority of social workers in the country are still waiting for official recognition of their professional status and qualifications.
- All courses lead to recognised qualifications.
- What are the basic qualifications and aptitude required?
- The three C's that credit creditors look at when determining their qualification are capacity, character, and collateral.
- There is no one of sufficient stature, no impartial media, and no intellectuals with adequate qualifications and credibility to arbitrate.
- 2 uncountable 2.1 (eligibility) their qualification for financial assistancesu derecho a percibir ayuda económica2.2 (being accepted) qualification for the finals was all they hoped forno esperaban más que clasificarse para la finalExample sentences
- They say nurses working in Nunavik, James Bay, Lower North Shore and remote First Nations communities need recognition of past experience when they seek qualification as a nurse practitioner.
- The trainee primary and secondary school teachers claim they were lured into the profession with false promises that their age and experience would be recognised on qualification.
- The fact that it is possible for a doctor to continue to practice for decades after qualification without ever opening a book or taking any other steps to keep up to date has long seemed indefensible.
- 3 uncountable or countable 3.1 (reservation) to agree without qualificationaceptar sin reservas or condicionesI should like to add a few qualificationsquisiera hacer algunas salvedades or matizar algunos puntosExample sentences3.2 (to accounts)
- Its 50 pages are filled with so many assertions, half-truths and qualifications as to render it worthless.
- The only qualification to this statement is in reference to rooting of the ingroup relative to outgroup taxa.
- Doubtless people will disagree, but I think the former is a much stronger statement without the qualification.
- 4 uncountable (Linguistics)Example sentences
- The first element in the phrase is an adverb, an adverbial qualification or an object (direct or indirect).
- In English, the definite article, the demonstrative and the qualification adjective are neutral as to gender variation.
- I now believe that de la Grasserie's semantic characterization is more accurate in this respect: a nominal construct with a personal possessive pronoun brings into the picture a further qualification of the noun phrase than does the noun phrase with just a definite article.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.